GSPChilliwack
Anyone have any experience with this stuff? I've been pretty happy with the Wolftooth items I've purchased in the past. The water bottle relocation and offset mounts look great for sharing space with a frame bag or finding a way to mount a bottle so it's accessible on some FS mountain bikes. 
Quote 0 0
Jeb
GSPChilliwack wrote:
Anyone have any experience with this stuff? I've been pretty happy with the Wolftooth items I've purchased in the past. The water bottle relocation and offset mounts look great for sharing space with a frame bag or finding a way to mount a bottle so it's accessible on some FS mountain bikes. 

I have a few items including the offset mounts and everything works well.
Quote 0 0
farskija
I bought the b-rad 4 and the double bottle adapter. I couldn't use the bottle adapter without the bottles hitting my shins or knees when I stood up to pedal. The hardware is quality made. The usefulness of these items could vary depending on bike size, shape, etc.
Quote 0 0
Jeb
farskija wrote:
I bought the b-rad 4 and the double bottle adapter. I couldn't use the bottle adapter without the bottles hitting my shins or knees when I stood up to pedal. The hardware is quality made. The usefulness of these items could vary depending on bike size, shape, etc.

I should have mentioned that the double set up will occasionally brush my calf when standing but I don't find it a problem. Can you not move the cages forward enough on the base mount to eliminate the issue. BTW I'm using this on an Origin8 CX 700 54cm frame with side loading cages.
Quote 0 0
farskija
I'm riding a 56cm Monstercross from black Mtn Cycles. I tried placing the double bottle mount as far forward as I could. The rubbing was still annoying enough for me. Perhaps different bottle cages would help. I was using the stainless steel cages from Salsa.
Quote 0 0
Josh33172

I am pretty new the forum, but not new to gravel.

Sorry for resurrecting this old thread, but in reality there is very little on this forum in regards to B-RAD, and not that much more elsewhere on the web. There are a couple good Youtube videos, so its not like there is no info out there.

I am preparing for a 370 (310 on paper) charity ride from Pittsburg to DC this fall, and looking for options to carry gear/water, and was already aware of the B-RAD system. So recently I went to my LBS and ordered the 3 and 4 to put on my '15 Boone Disc 5.

The hardware itself is very well made, spacers and a foam pad for each bracket, screws, ziptie, and black WT sticker. The B-RAD brackets are precision machined aluminum, and pretty stiff! So the design uses the channel to allow you to slide the bracket up or down in the channel and then lock it down intop lace. From there, the holes to tie your waterbottle down are in fixed locations, so the micro adjustments are in the bracket itself depending on where you tighten it to the frame.

I installed the 3 on the seat tube and the 4 on the downtube. I currently don't have anything else on them, so I took the 4 off until I actually figure out my setup as far as what and where. My original plan was to mount a custom built bluetooth speaker way in the front of the triangle because I am going to have a lot of solo rides...music will be nice. On the 3, I plan on fabricating a strap to hold a tube, bike tool and levers below the water bottle.

So far, i can say that if you're going to try to maximize the space in your front triangle, you should probably look at side loading bottle cages options to fit your needs.

Now in regards to full suspension MTBs, I believe you could actually make this work assuming you have space to mount a bottle. There are two notches in the bracket to allow you to strap it to the downtube (or under the top tube) with zipties if you need to. I am actually pretty lucky that all of my past/present MTBs came with the ability to mount a cage in the front triangle, where friends with Yetis struggle. I ride an Ibis Ripley LS which has a waterbottle cage braze-ons and aftermarket Blackburn packs to wedge in the front. I also have a Kona Honzo ST setup geared but was SS, but the hub was struggling being set up SS. It has 3 braze-ons in the front triangle for bike packing I believe.

I don't have any pictures as of yet, but if there is interest, and when I am further along with this project, I can/will get some pictures out with my setup.

Overall, I believe if this is a solution that you're considering because you need it, just buy it, the brackets at least. The products are very high quality. As for the strap accessory, I believe I can build something that will work just as good and not cost another $25. I believe its price about $10 too expensive IMO.

Trek Boon 5 Disc
Ibis Ripley LS
Cervelo S2 Red/Force
Santa Cruz Chameleon SS

Quote 0 0
GSPChilliwack
Thanks for the feedback on your experience. I think the adapter that moves the bottle "half-way" to the side would be good on a full suspension bike. I don't think it would be far enough out to rub, but would be much easier for bottle removal/replacement (at least on the Salsa Horsethief I was riding). Of course, I've now returned to a hardtail, and I have more room to work with. But as I already purchased the brackets, I'm going to see what I can come up with to ride "pack less"
Quote 0 0
Alan_D
I have two bikes with the Wolftooth side by side bottle setup and both have been working fine for me. No contact with my legs. Using a B-RAD 3 on my LS Gravel, and a B-RAD 4 on my Salsa Mukluk (also setup for gravel) to move the bottles further foward and higher on the down tube. Otherwise, I am sure the side by side bottles would interfere with my legs.
Each side by side has Lezyne side entry cages, one left entry and the other right entry. Presently have a total of 4 cages mounted on the LS Gravel and 5 cages on the Mukluk, including a cage mounted under the down tube on each bike. The Lezyne side entry cages did not seem secure enough for my taste when mounted inverted under the down tube. So I chose to install Tacx cages in that location.
Quote 0 0
Alan_D
A couple of pics:
Quote 0 0
Jeb
IMG_20170511_133418.jpg  IMG_20170430_100221.jpg 
I've replaced the cages in the photos with Lezyne side loading models which work better with a frame bag. Once in awhile my calf will brush the cage if I stand but it's a non-issue. If you can see it in the top photo there are a couple of bosses on the seat stay and I can mount another cage there by using the B-RAD double bottle adapter to pivot the cage rearward and out of the way of my heel.
Quote 0 0
drwelby
A word of warning with the double bottle cages: a friend was running that setup and it broke the bottle bosses out of his frame. Back in the day when night lights used big heavy batteries in a water bottle I saw many frames break the same way.
Quote 0 0
Jeb
drwelby wrote:
A word of warning with the double bottle cages: a friend was running that setup and it broke the bottle bosses out of his frame. Back in the day when night lights used big heavy batteries in a water bottle I saw many frames break the same way.

What a great way to justify a new bike/frame [biggrin] 29513246_10156127954382719_7900369938995478528_n.jpg 
I could see where it could be a problem but so far it seems solid. The cages, that is. Not Billy's math.
Quote 0 0
clarksonxc
drwelby wrote:

I have worried about this exact scenario as well.  Any details on his frame?  Material/age?
I have used the B-rad system as well, and it is also good for "creating" bottle cage mounts.  For instance, I used a couple B-rad 3's to fashion up a couple fork mount cages on a Specialized AWOL, using the mid fork single boss and and fender eyelet for the anchors.  I also did this on the seatstays of a Jamis Renegade using B-rad 2's.  I'll post pics if I can find them.
Quote 0 0
GSPChilliwack
drwelby wrote:

Good to keep in mind. I'd think the zip ties on the baseplates would help to share the load somewhat. I'm more interested in being able to shift the bottle mount locations a bit, and add some light carrying capacity--maybe a small dry bag with something similar to a Salsa Anything Cage. I'd really like to ditch the pack on my mtb bike for anything but the longest rides.
Quote 0 0
Alan_D
This pic is my Salsa Mukluk with a B-RAD 4. The side by side bottles are much higher and a Salsa Anything cage is mounted lower.
Quote 0 0
drwelby
clarksonxc wrote:

I have worried about this exact scenario as well.  Any details on his frame?  Material/age?

Older steel frame with brazed in bosses and no star reinforcements. Ti/Al frames with rivnuts probably do better, I've seen them get loose but they were replaceable. On carbon frames it probably depends on how the insert was designed.
Quote 0 0