Turbogrover
Just picked up these Vittoria Revolution G+ 27.5 x 2.0 and will use them on a 68 mile mixed road ride tomorrow. They fit in my frame nicely, and look good. I have them inflated to 25 psi and its plenty to keep me moving good on pavement. Just did a quick trip to test out inflation and rolling resistance. It cruises at 20 mph no problem, and very comfy as well! The gravel roads around here will be my next test tomorrow....
Quote 0 0
smoothmoose
Looks like a nice tread.  Heavier than MTB tires though!
Quote 0 0
Turbogrover
smoothmoose wrote:
Looks like a nice tread.  Heavier than MTB tires though!

Yes definitely heavier than the Gravel kings, but the cushiness is what I was going for, and the deal I got on the tires was too good to pass up. As long as I'm not climbing any mountain passes they're just fine.
Quote 0 0
Turbogrover
Well after a couple days riding on them (setup tubeless btw) I can say they're decent tires, but dang they are HEAVY.
I finally weighed them, and at 840 grams/tire they're more than double the weight of the 400 gram tires I took off to test them out.
Rolling on flat terrain was no problem, but we don't live in a flat world, and any rise in the road was instantly noticeable. It's like I replaced the wheels with steel flywheels. You could struggle to get them up to speed and then it would maintain speed. Any increase in speed or uphill effort was instantly magnified by the weight of these tires. On the other hand, they'll probably last for years, and the tread is decent. Rolling resistance is low even if the weight is heavy. It felt like my fat tire bike with street tires on it. That is in fact the best way to describe the feel of the tires. I switched the tires back and felt an instant performance benefit. Anyone who argues that light tires offer no benefit has never done a test like this. If I somehow added 440 grams of weight to the inside of each Gravel King tire, they would feel the same as these.
Quote 0 0
DarkSpeedWorks
Turbogrover wrote:

Yes definitely heavier than the Gravel kings, but the cushiness is what I was going for, and the deal I got on the tires was too good to pass up. As long as I'm not climbing any mountain passes they're just fine.

Tire tread looks good. Do they make any 700C versions of this (in any widths)?
Advanced TopTube Storage for Gravel, & Tri.  Bolt-mount & ZeroSlip-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com....Reviews....Instagram....Facebook
Quote 0 0