rangerat1
Ok so I have been wanting one of these for quite sometime and finally found a screaming deal from a guy here locally.  He had bought the bike in 2011 and built in in 2012 but never rode it but a handful of times.  This things is so prestine there is not a scratch, ding, or anything anywhere on the bike.  Even where the chain drops in the rear when removing the wheel.  She is built with Campy Chorus.  Being use to Shimano this might take a bit as the shifters are a tad different.

The first thing I noticed was how light she is.  She has a carbon front fork and a carbon rear saddle to derailleur tube, the rest is aluminum.

Right now she has no front derailleur and running one ring.  Monday she goes in and that will change as well as the tape on the bars will go red.  Also I have added some Candy 2 pedals to her for now, another review on them to follow.  I will update as it goes on my impressions of the ride as I take her out today and this weekend. VD G&T.jpg 

C. Thomas Eisele
Colorado Springs, CO
Van Dessel Gin & Trombones 2011, 52cm
Quote 1 0
rangerat1
Well I have had her out twice now and I have to say she has not dissappointed me what so ever.  To be honest I am actually going to use her as my all around everything bike and get rid of my Fuji Carbon racing road bike and snag the wheels off of it to use on the G&T for riding Elephant Rock and such on the road.

This G&T is a 52 but rides the same size and feel as my 54 road racing rig.  A bit of a softer ride than a straight carbon bike.  The Campy Chorus grouppo on this is my first experience outside of Shimano in years.  Took a little getting use to but am quite happy.  She is in the shop today getting the front derailleur put back on along with the shifter and two rings in the front.  Topping off with red tape on the bars.

Looking forward to many long and hard miles on her.  Will be hitting Castl Rock Bike and SKi on Saturday for their Cyclocross gathgering with Spot and such.  1PM with a 20+ mile route and beers after!
C. Thomas Eisele
Colorado Springs, CO
Van Dessel Gin & Trombones 2011, 52cm
Quote 0 0