Sadlebred
I did the ride known Adventure Cross or Dirty Sheets from there Serenbe Community in Chattahoochee Hills, GA about 25 minutes from downtown Atlanta. The ride has been called many things over the years, most recently Adventure Cross by those of us that ride it regularly b/c we incorporate some singletrack at Cochran Mill Park (open to horses, bikes, and hikers) in order to get to the beautiful waterfall, hike a bike, and maybe extra road miles. The ride is also called Dirty Sheets because the area is known to roadies as Silk Sheets and has been for decades. I think a local club started calling it that because the roads were as smooth as silk back in the 80s. 

One of the highlights it the falls at Cochran Mill Park. There are two near each other, but only one is easily accessible by bike. The other requires a hike.

Here in the south, all directions are done by landmarks. If you park at Serenbe and choose the 27ish mile option, the final directions when you come off the gravel are "Turn Left at the Deer Cooler." Perhaps more correctly, they are stated "turn left onto Hutchinson Ferry Road at the Deer Cooler."

The bike is a Liv Brava with Ultegra w/hydraulic disk brakes. She is one of my two primary CX race bikes and will be getting disk tubulars for this upcoming season.

Here are the Deer Cooler and Waterfall IMG_2046(1).JPG 

FullSizeRender.jpg 

Southeastern Cycling
http://www.southeasterncycling.com
Quote 5 0
Jim Rice
I've cycled both road and gravel out at Serenbe many times (plus CX clinic hosted by you and Josh a few years ago) and during hunting season have seen them skinning / processing dear on the left side of the Deer Cooler. 
Quote 0 0
Sadlebred
It's one of my favorite rides! Do you know of any routes besides the usual "Dirty Sheets" or "Adventure Cross" 26ish-34ish mile route?
Quote 0 0
Jim Rice
I'm not familiar w the names of the routes per se but have ridden many of the dirt roads around there.  Go a little further South and there are even more / better dirt roads in the Senoia and Haralson areas. 
Quote 0 0
Sadlebred
I know there is a weekly group ride out near Senoia during the week, but it's too far for me to get to. I've done most of my gravel riding near Milledgeville.
Quote 0 0