67DGS
Hi all

Just got my new WTB Venture tires. I went to set up the rear wheel (without sealant yet) and the tire is leaking a fair bit of air due to a little bump in the bead that is next to the rim. I have never had this happen before, but I have only set up Schwalbe G1's that held air immediately. The bump is not that large, but as it is against the rim, am wondering if it will seal when I put the sealant in. Has anyone had this happen or are there tips for remedying this? 

Cheers
Jack
Quote 0 0
LewisQC
Is it a bump because the tire was folded and is new? If so, I usually mount my tire with tube for 24-48h to stretch the bead. Than it's easier to set them tubeless
Quote 1 0
ljsmith
It may help to lubricate the bead with soap suds to help it slide into the bead lock when pumping it up.
Quote 0 0
67DGS
Thanks for the feedback. The tire is new and I did hang it for a day before install. The rest of the bead locks perfectly and the only leak is at the rim where the bump is. Maybe it is just a fold, didn't think of using a tube to stretch it. Will try that and see how it goes.
Thanks again
Jack
Quote 0 0