Nubster
I just converted one of my mountain bikes to single speed. I was thinking about throwing on a woodchipper style drop bar on there and I'd like some proper brake levers instead of rigging up my mountain bike levers. I also want hydraulic brakes. Far as I can tell...TRP is the only hydraulic single speed road style option. I mean of course I could go with something like a Shimano or SRAM and just not use the shifting aspect and just the brakes. Just wondering if anyone has ever used the TRP Hylex brakes?
Quote 0 0
xhx
Hylex brakes are pretty awesome. Stock brake pads are so-so, but toss in some Shimano pads & they feel fantastic. They're a breeze to service too, and should you decide you want to run gears Gevenalle is going to offer a blade & shifter upgrade for the Hylex soon.
Quote 0 0
OTHRider
Stock brake pads are so-so, but toss in some Shimano pads & they feel fantastic  

I second that.  My stock pads weren't terrible, but after a wet & muddy ride both sets literally started to disintegrate.  I would say I suffered a 90% loss in braking power.  I threw on a new set of Shimano pads and the brakes have never felt better.
Quote 0 0
Nubster
Awesome. Thanks for the info.
Quote 0 0
rsalles64
Hi,
TRP hy-rd is nice too and you can use it with many different levers.
Regards,
Renato
Quote 0 0