Dwlsuperx
I’ve been riding a steel bike for the last eight months and love it. I picked up a super x for my son a few months ago and I am really impressed with it. I may get another gravel rig for races but I really like the Cannondale and the Grail. Tough choice!!
Quote 0 0
chas
I've never ridden the Cannondale (I have a Canyon Inflite), but I don't think you could go wrong with either one.
Quote 1 0
sgtrobo
I have a 2019 carbon SuperX and it is crazy awesome.  I cannot compare to the Grail though as I've never ridden a Grail.  I can say that the SuperX is great for racing CX, racing gravel, or just going out and getting rowdy.  It's also surprisingly light (with the right gear selections of course) so it zips along quite well and it has pretty impressive tire clearance
Quote 1 0
Dwlsuperx
Thanks for the feed back.
Quote 0 0
CycleDZM44
I've heard great things about the Grail and the angles on it are the same as the SuperX but stack and reach numbers are way bigger. It could have something to do with that funky bar set up. I was closely comparing these bikes too but went with the SuperX for a few reasons: 1. I could test ride the SuperX, 2. I'm not thrilled about the looks of the Canyon but love the aesthetics of the C-Dale. 3. Value - I scored this SuperX on eBay for under $1900. 
I put a 44T front ring on it, an 11-42 out back and 700x38c WTB Riddlers (that come out to 40c with room to spare). I'm also going to swap out the bar for a Zipp Service Course 70-XPLR.  I am THRILLED with this bike. Handling is responsive and snappy but it soaks up the chatter nicely and it is SO FAST. I even love riding some slicks on it for some long base mile road rides. I was hoping to race it at several events this year including SBT Gravel. Fingers crossed the season can be salvaged!SuperX eBay Shot.png
Quote 0 0
Dwlsuperx
Looks great..I’m pretty sure I am going with the Cannondale. My son really likes his. I feel the same as you about the canyon. Thanks for the input.
Quote 0 0
CycleDZM44
On that bar: As an ergonomics guy, I was jealous that my buddy with a Grail could hook his thumbs up over the middle section of the hoover bar when in the drops. Since I discovered Road TOGS, I'm pretty keen on buying a set and trying them out: https://togs.com/collections/togs-1/products/road-togs 
Quote 1 0
Thijsvanderwal
You will love the Cannondale if you're on single tracks a lot. You will love it a bit less if you are more into long stretches of gravel due to it's directness, and when buying a new wheelset or want to upgrade to a powermeter enabled crank. Due to the AI offset (https://cannondale.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/219101107-Ai-Asymmetric-Integration-) of the back wheel all new wheelsets will need to be re-dished, and you will need a 6mm longer axle for your crankset = MTB width.

Not stuff that can't be handled but something to take into account if you're into upgrades.
Quote 0 0
CycleDZM44
You will love the Cannondale if you're on single tracks a lot. You will love it a bit less if you are more into long stretches of gravel due to it's directness, and when buying a new wheelset or want to upgrade to a powermeter enabled crank. Due to the AI offset (https://cannondale.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/219101107-Ai-Asymmetric-Integration-) of the back wheel all new wheelsets will need to be re-dished, and you will need a 6mm longer axle for your crankset = MTB width.

I gotta disagree with how he'll like the SuperX on long stretches of gravel.  With a 71 degree HT angle and 422mm rear stays this bike is very stable on straights and descents. It really shines on that terrain. Just have to have a decent tire width and low enough pressure with tubeless. I agree upgrading parts was a bit more costly: I had to dish out $90 for a bigger direct mount chainring and I'd love a 2nd wheelset but forgot they would have to be re-dished for the AI offset (another cost). It was easy enough to find a used Stages left crank-arm on eBay for adding a powermeter. 
Quote 0 0