Hefeweizan
2017 Super X or Crux?

Interested in these 2 bikes...anybody have a preference between these two for gravel riding.

Quote 0 0
Nubster
I had a SuperX and it's a great bike for sure. Fast and comfortable. I did end up selling it just because I felt I personally needed something a little more relaxed and being a guy with some size...I have a tendency to flex parts and the SuperX not having thru axles...I was getting rotor rub in the front at times. More annoying than anything. But my Renegade having front TA has eliminated that issue. Otherwise...I was happy during the 100 or so miles I put on the SuperX. No experience with the Crux.
Quote 0 0
Hefeweizan
Yeah,  know what you mean about wanting a more relaxed geometry. The new Super X is thru axle and that is why I have been looking at the new model. I am more used to a relaxed geometry and not sure how this bike would feel.

Quote 0 0
Talabardio
I notice both of those are cross bikes - have you considered a full on gravel bike? Salsa carbon warbird is pretty sweet, for example. Scott's CX/Gravel Addict models have a 71 degree head tube angle, a bit more more mellow than most cross bikes.
Quote 0 0
Hefeweizan
The Super X has a 71.5 head tube angle which is similar to Scott's gravel bike. 

I do see your point when it comes to selecting a more gravel specific bike though. 

I was looking at the Litespeed T5 gravel, but when I rode it, I was not happy with the toe overlap. It is hard to find these bikes locally to test ride.

Quote 0 0