frontrangegravel Show full post »
gordoabc
tb123 wrote:
Had some new wheels built for my Diverge Pro. Pacenti SL25 with Hope SCS 24SP hubs.

what did you do about the rotors given shimano doesn't make 6 bolt 140 mmm for the rear
Quote 0 0
borxes
Easy plug & play full mudguards for Elite DSW 2016? My is came in next week, tires is 28mm.
Something by SKS, maybe?
Quote 0 0
Zacheis88
Hello, 

I bought the Elite DSW version of this in 2016. I was able to get in a few rides before the winter came to town. Now that spring in just around the corner I was wanting to look at getting a different front/rear hub and possibly a thinner tire. I know that bike usually have a 135mm with a 142mm through axle. The problem is I'm new and don't want to buy the wrong thing. I can't seem to find the actual size of the dropout or what the hub spacing is, basically everything that involves doing this type of swap. 

If you all could help steer me in the right direction for measurements to look for when buying a new hub and thinner rim. 

Thank you. 
Quote 0 0
TheRo0sTer
I've been kicking around buying a Carbon Diverge since their release. I've been thinking about it again lately because I feel it bridges the gap of having a Road & Gravel bike. Well, that was until I read this post and talked to my local dealer! I've ridden my Boone 9 with 35mm tires and 40mm tires... you can't get me back on anything less than 40mm wide. I'm looking to even move up to the 45mm tire for some of the Gravel around our parts. It bums me out because that bike has some sweet lines and the geometry is so close to the old Roubaix. 
Quote 0 0
scottyutah

I came close to getting a Diverge Comp as it road very nice, almost as quick and nimble as my 10-year-old Tarmac.  My biggest concern are the stock 28cm tires and limited space for 35cm and larger tires.  I could see Specialized combining the Diverge and Roubaix in the near future by giving the Roubaix more tire clearance. 

Quote 0 0
caguy
I just test rode the 2017 Roubaix. There's clearance for 32mm tires now. It felt very smooth with the stock 26mm tires, but all the shop employees run wider tires and claim there's no speed penalty.
Quote 0 0
TimmyR
It looks like I may have an opportunity to pick up a Diverge in the next month at a pretty good price. I am excited to move from my '14 Crux EVO Elite to a new Diverge.  I think it'll suit my riding much better these days.

Tim

------------------
Ride on! [cool]
Quote 0 0
TimmyR
Question: Anyone know how much the future shock and hover bars add to the height of the headtube?  I"m currently riding a 56 Crux with a 35 deg riser stem. I have some limited hip mobility so getting the bars up to the seat height is a huge help for me.  My Crux is about to be replaced by a Diverge and I am curious how they match up.  I think the 56 Diverge with 30mm of spacers plus the future shock and hover bars will be really close.

Thanks!

Tim

------------------
Ride on! [cool]
Quote 0 0
TimmyR
Well, I rode both the 56 and 58 and decided on the 58. It's a touch longer but seems to be a pretty good fit. We'll see how it fits next week. Thanks to my LBS, and Spec for helping me out. I had a frame damage on my Crux and instead of a new Crux frameset, they agreed to do crash replacement pricing on a new Diverge.
Tim

------------------
Ride on! [cool]
Quote 0 0