TBtheWrecker
On my new Specialized Diverge, I've put one dual pedals (one side platform one side SPD). This makes it versatile for me as I'm going to be commuting short distances here and there as well as training longer distances 3 days a week.

What are some lightweight shoes I can use on these? Most I found are very chunky.

Bonus points if I'm able to walk in them off bike haha.
Quote 0 0
Zurichman
Any mt. bike shoe should work. Whatever fits you as we all have different widths of feet.

Zman
If it was easy it wouldn't be a memory. You just hope you don't have all your memories in the same ride. been there dun that Zman
Quote 0 0
Jeb
Anything by Shimano. They have many options.
Quote 0 0
Ryn

I wear the black Fizik Terra Ergolace X2 and love them.  You can walk in them like regular sneakers and they’re very comfortable.  I wear a size 11 in Under Armor and Nike sneakers, the Terra Ergolaces size 44.5 fit me perfectly.   

Terra ERGOLACE X2 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YRZZQPV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_R.rWEb6X8WNB3

Quote 0 0
scotton
I've been super happy with the Shimano RX8. They look like sleek road shoes from the sole up but are walkable. Light and stiff, good vents.
Quote 0 0
chas
scotton wrote:
I've been super happy with the Shimano RX8. They look like sleek road shoes from the sole up but are walkable. Light and stiff, good vents.

Agreed.
I splurged and got the RX9 (half off).  Its basically a road shoe that takes SPD.  Very light and fast and walkable.  I use them at the velodrome - although I have to take the metal cleats off of them for that.  

I do love the cleats, as IMHO I'm not gravel biking if I don't throw the bike over my shoulder and do a little climbing.  

https://bike.shimano.com/en-EU/technologies/apparel-accessories/footwear/sphyre-xc9.html
Quote 0 0
TBtheWrecker
I ended up getting Rapha exlore as they were on huge discount in my size. love the olive green look and can be passable as regular shoes while being functional
Quote 0 0
jfranci3
On my new Specialized Diverge, I've put one dual pedals (one side platform one side SPD). This makes it versatile for me as I'm going to be commuting short distances here and there as well as training longer distances 3 days a week.

What are some lightweight shoes I can use on these? Most I found are very chunky.

Any XC MTB shoe with a stiff mid sole (usually this means carbon) will be good. I recommend getting ones with smaller knobbies so toe covers fit over them. Actually measure your feet and look at the guides online so you can get the right size - you can be a 43 in one shoe and a 46 in another. It should feel like a perfectly sized slipper when they're on, not dig in anywhere, and not cramped.

https://gearmashers.com/cycling-shoe-size-guide/

https://www.cyclingnews.com/features/best-gravel-bike-shoes/
Shimano, Specialzied, Bontrager, Fizik, Giro, Bont, Sidi, Mavic, and a dozen other brands make good shoes here.

I'd recommend starting with the Shimano as they'll have the best bang for the buck, but really get a shoe that you like the looks of. Ventilation is important; closing method is too - get shoes with 2+ adjustments, not one boa dial.

The pedals are the more interesting topic. Shimano makes SPDs, which are popular, but I've never liked them. I like Speedplay Frogs.
Quote 1 0
JonShack
For what it’s worth I’ve been riding with Giro Cylinders for the last 6months, admittedly I’m more of a frustrated adventure cyclist on a road bike and have yet to take the plunge fully into gravel but I think they fit your brief and are probably about half the price of a Fizik or similar marque brand shoe shoe. Very solid and comfortable off the bike, they give me confidence to put foot down when stopping, or dismounting without slipping and the cleat is recessed so no tap dancing, they also don’t look too much look an ugly dayglo football boot and come in stealth black and grey. My commute often includes dismounting and going up several flights of stairs, I can run up or down then in these with my bike no problem. Only real drawback so far for me is only 1 Boa dial and no fine tuning of fit on the go without fully loosening, so maybe consider 1 model up. Very satisfied otherwise. 
Quote 0 0
bobrayner
Everybody loves shopping online now, but I think bike shoes are the one thing where it's still worth going to a shop, to see them directly and trying for size before you buy.

Personally, I love the Fizik Vento Overcurve X3 as a summer shoe - a good balance of weight & stiffness & price - but the sizes are a little generous (mine only fit well after adding an insole). Everybody has different feet, though.
Quote 1 0
pete kumble
Sidi Dominator.  Can't go wrong with these.
Quote 0 0