RoverAl
I'm considering upgrading my skewers since I have been changing tires back and forth frequently. Not having any issues with stock external cam ones but am researching what my options are. Looking for a smoother better quality.
Shimano xt's get a positive take,some custom ones out there too. 
Any suggestions from the group? Thanks

Quote 0 0
ronnierbryant
I just switched to the DT Swiss RWS.  I really like these.  They just screw down tight and then you can adjust the lever to where you want it to sit. 
Quote 1 0
RoverAl
Thanks, I didn't know about these. I am liking what I am reading about them. Will buy a rear to see if I like it then a front.  They average $30 from my shopping around..
Quote 0 0
dgaddis1
The RWS Skewers are nice, but can sometimes be a pain because they'll hit the frame/fork when trying to spin them down tight, so you spin part of the way, re-position the lever, rinse and repeat.  That's not usually a issue with road/CX bikes though.  I'm using them on my 'gravel' bike.

Otherwise, any Shimano skewer is great, they all function the same, the more expensive ones just look a bit nicer.  Velocity also has some nice internal cam type skewers for reasonable prices, in either black or silver.
Quote 1 0
RoverAl
IMAG1334.jpg 
Thanks for all your help, I went with these and so far I think they are great. Wheels up quick and tight. Not sure how tight 15nm is by hand but I got em like a German virgin,
goodntight...Jenson USA price matched 57shipped.
ETA: These are DTSwiss RWS skewers. Quality workmanship. The wheel seems to spin more freely perhaps better aligned with these.

Quote 0 0
Ytterbium
I got some DT Swiss too, they hit my frame though so there is a fair bit of squiggling around.
Quote 0 0