simplemind
No affiliation, but this looks interesting, at 500 gm, not so interesting! [rolleyes] 
I know there are other competitors out there, has anyone here tried to control shock at the seatpost?
Quote 0 0
Volsung
I've used Thudbusters before and they're pretty awful. They move front to back and that changes my knee mechanics. I've had 4 knee surgeries so that doesn't work for me.

This looks more like a budget Bodyfloat seatpost and that's a good thing. I'll stick with flexible carbon or Ti though.
Quote 0 0
trippertim
Like Volsung said, looks more like the linkage of the Bodyfloat / Kinekt seat post. I'll wait to read reviews and see how it is with elastomers (from the looks of it) instead of springs, but I love my Body Float. I've had it on my Ti gravel bike for over 3 years now and love it. I have found I am more comfortable on it on 35mm tires than on my hardtail 29er on 2.25's at much lower tire pressures.

For the 6 to 10 hour days, that comfort really makes a difference for me. Worth the weight, but of course would always like less weight [smile]

Quote 0 0
clarksonxc
Comparing the specs of the new version of the Bodyfloat with the Redshift, they seem to be just about identical except for price.  Gted said they should have some Redshift prototypes to test, so I'm interested to see how they compare when riding.
Quote 0 0
trippertim
Yep, finally took the time to look at the kickstarter page. I had just assumed they would use elastomers instead of a spring based on the stem design, but it is a coil spring. So looks like once past the kickstarter pricing, the differences to the Kinekt post is about 18g [smile] (if you believe pre-production weight values!) Actually, looks like the Redshift might have a little less setback and they claim to have seals on the pivots. One issue I have had with my BodyFloat is I have had to replace the pivot bushing a few times after a lot of nasty wet muddy conditions (I think the grit from a wet year at Hilly Billy Roubaix was the worst) and now I run the spandex cover on mine. The Kinekt though has the ability to adjust the spring pre-load while riding and this one it looks like you have to pull the seatpost out of the frame to adjust it.

I'll also be looking for the Gted review but am actually hoping for a MG review of it, since he has reviewed both versions of the Kinekt post.
Quote 2 0
tim.bikeparty
i love my RedShift stem, but it's a pig (weight wise)  i expect the seatpost will be no different.  Super cush.  fairly elegant.  really heavy.
Quote 0 0
Volsung
The Kinekt comes in Ti and Carbon too which is good because I'm wayyyyy too stupid to remember to pull my seatpost out and regrease it after it gets wet.  Aluminum seatposts are a deal breaker for me on my bikes that see bad weather.
Quote 0 0