djj8 Show full post »
Slim
JMosey wrote:

163046B2-892A-4D4B-BF02-37C8D2D24DB5.jpeg 

Hi, do have anymore pics? Trying to decide if I’d like wtb gumwal tires  on this frame.
Thanks
Quote 0 0
ss29er
Charles wrote:

Cool, thanks. How is the clearance w that 42 oval? I know the frame is rated for a 44t max. 

Plenty of room.
Quote 0 0
PCT
What are the best options for fenders for the Warbird v4?  Been having some wet weather on the Front Range and also considering fenders for DK200.
Quote 0 0
Jabes76
20190424_170935.jpg 19.2 lbs as a 61cm frame!!! 
Quote 2 0
peiffer83
Jabes76 wrote:

What is the full build?

Sram force 1
Whisky carbon seatpost, brooks saddle?
Quote 0 0
Jabes76
peiffer83 wrote:

What is the full build?

Sram force 1
Whisky carbon seatpost, brooks saddle?

Yep on all the above. Race face arc 25 offset rims setup tubeless with Hope Pro 4 hubs and Maxxis Velocita AR tires. Salsa cowbell deluxe bars with the thick lizard skins. 
Quote 0 0
Volsung
How are you liking the Velocitas?  I've been trying to find reviews or a comparison to Gravelkings but havent yet.
Quote 0 0
Jabes76
Jabes76 wrote:

Yep on all the above. Race face arc 25 offset rims setup tubeless with Hope Pro 4 hubs and Maxxis Velocita AR tires. Salsa cowbell deluxe bars with the thick lizard skins. 

Forgot also Force shifters, and Force flat mount brakes and a Rival rear derailleur
Quote 0 0
Jabes76
Volsung wrote:
How are you liking the Velocitas?  I've been trying to find reviews or a comparison to Gravelkings but havent yet.

Unfortunately neck issues have prevented me from putting the bike through its paces. Getting better and hope to be riding in next week or two. I have logged a little bit of mileage, all on paved roads. Some rough roads as well. The Velocitas are great. On these rims with a 25mm internal width they have stretched 4 mm, out to 44mm so far. very grippy and hold air extremely well. Can go days without losing any noticeable pressure. been riding them around 50-55 psi and they are very supple in my opinion. They are light too! Wish they made a 42-44 size that could stretch out to 48ish. Ill post back when I get some saddle time in and hit a little gravel on them
Quote 0 0
TonyM
PCT wrote:
What are the best options for fenders for the Warbird v4?  Been having some wet weather on the Front Range and also considering fenders for DK200.

also interested to read what the Warbird users are recommending!
Quote 0 0
benmills
Jabes76 wrote:

How tall are you?  I'm trying to decide between the 59 and the 61.  The 61 is nice and tall, but a little long for me.  I'm 6'1".
Quote 0 0
Jabes76
benmills wrote:

How tall are you?  I'm trying to decide between the 59 and the 61.  The 61 is nice and tall, but a little long for me.  I'm 6'1".

I'm 6'4"... The 61 would be too much id say..I have long arms as well
Quote 1 0
Slim
Jabes76 wrote:

I'm 6'4"... The 61 would be too much id say..I have long arms as well

I am (nearly) 6’5” and running the 61 cm with a 130mm stem. But this doesn’t tell you anything very useful. 

The best way to know is to compare it to the reach of your current bike:
  • Do you have the fit dialed on your current bike?
  • what stack and reach does that bike have?
  • How does that compare to the 59 and 61 Warbirds’ stack and reach?

If both sizes seem reasonable (for example a 85mm stem on the 61 and a 100mm stem on the 59), then I would go for the smaller one, since it will have a better weight distribution, with more weight on the front wheel for traction.
Quote 0 0
benmills
Slim wrote:

I am (nearly) 6’5” and running the 61 cm with a 130mm stem. But this doesn’t tell you anything very useful. 

The best way to know is to compare it to the reach of your current bike:
  • Do you have the fit dialed on your current bike?
  • what stack and reach does that bike have?
  • How does that compare to the 59 and 61 Warbirds’ stack and reach?

If both sizes seem reasonable (for example a 85mm stem on the 61 and a 100mm stem on the 59), then I would go for the smaller one, since it will have a better weight distribution, with more weight on the front wheel for traction.

I have a Salsa Colossal that is almost identical in stack and reach to the 59.  That bike works well for me, though I end up with 35mm of spacers and a +10 degree stem.  Really, I'd like the stack a little higher.  The 61cm gives me +19mm on the stack (perfect), but +8mm on the reach.  The guy at the bike store said I'd need an 80mm stem to make that work.  I'd also be a little worried about the standover on the 61cm.

I think I could make both sizes work, but I'm leaning towards the 59cm.
Quote 0 0
EdwinJohnson
JMosey wrote:

Okay, finally figured it out and thought I’d post here in case anyone ran into the same problem...

https://robertaxleproject.com

New axle should be here Friday and I will verify it works, but I see no reason why it shouldn’t. I’ll try to give some feedback after actually riding the damn thing as well!

Hi, I just found this search randomly and was faced with the same problem with my warbird...in order for the trainer axle to go all the way through, the threaded derailleur hanger retainer had to come out, no longer holding the hanger in place. Is that the problem you had? Did the Robert Axle project fix it?
Quote 0 0
spaghetti.spokes

Bumpity.  I know this is an old thread but I could not find a lot of info about this.

I have a Stages gen 3 GRX power meter 172.5 on my 2020 Warbird 57.5cm.  Fits with ample clearance.  As much clearance as my 4iii on my road bike.

Has anyone tried putting a left side Stages (Shimano) powermeter on the current model Warbird? If so, does it sufficiently clear the frame? Thanks!

Quote 1 0
clarksonxc

Bumpity.  I know this is an old thread but I could not find a lot of info about this.I have a Stages gen 3 GRX power meter 172.5 on my 2020 Warbird 57.5cm.  Fits with ample clearance.  As much clearance as my 4iii on my road bike.

Can confirm the same for a size 52.5 frame
Quote 0 0