MOCORR
Replacing stock Tamland wheels with tubeless and trying to find equivelant disc rims to the OEM Weinmann K max Pro which are listed as double wall 28mm external and 21.69mm internal (specs. ETRTO 622x22). Seems there is a limited selection of 28mm wide rims. Pacenti has a TL28 and American Classic has a 28mm MTB race model but looking at HED, WTB and others there is a limited amount of options. I like the 28mm wide and they fit great with MSO40's, but with the limited rim offering and most vendors in the 21-25mm wide am I missing something? Even G-Ted eluded to the 25KOMs as being almost too wide.
Quote 0 0
MOCORR
ok found the WTB rim spec and the i23 does represent internal width, the PWGW post now makes better sense..just need to pick a rim
Quote 0 0
shiggy
Most 28mm external rims will be 21-23 internal.
Quote 0 0
Il_falcone
I can recommend the WTB KOMs for gravel use. Easy to build because of their precision and strong enough for the job while being not too stiff vertically. If 40mm is the upper limit of what you will ever use on those wheels I would choose the KOM i23. If at some point you maybe want to go even wider take the i25. I often use the MSO 40 mm on the i25 and it works great with 30 psi in front and 36 in the rear for my 176 lbs body weight.
Quote 0 0
oleritter
Pacenti is good stuff. I'm building with some kinlin rims right now, tl21 and tl23. The tl23 is about 28 external.
I Build Wheels @millcitycycle

https://www.facebook.com/millcitycycle/
Quote 0 0
MOCORR
Thanks for the feedback went with i25's and will start with Nano 40s TCS to get feel for how well the matched tire/rim set up together, will update after some miles
Quote 0 0
MOCORR
After two months, >1000 mi including DK the i25 KOM's with NANO 40C have been great, still true, still feel light and roll well.  The NANO 40Cs seated on the rims very easy, the rear lost a little air for a couple days until I lowered the pressure and went for a quick ride and since both tires have held air better than expected. The WTB system is solid.

The top profile of the NANO 40C on the i25 looks a little goofy from the rider position but has performed well, the traction has been very good even the last few weeks with the rear tire worn fairly well. That is compared to running MSO Xplor with tubes at a typically higher pressure.  They do feel slower on smooth road surface, also in part due to keeping the pressure lower.

This was the first experience tubeless and after two months of gravel of all types plus a fair amount of CO single track where I would typically pick up at least one goat head or thorn flat, or granite rock pinch flat, I have had no issues.  

The rear tread on the NANO's are ready to get replaced, not sure if the wear rate is faster than other tires because after reaching a certain confidence level you tend to abuse the brakes, rims and tires and I have beat the crap out of the bike, tires and rims on a lot of terrain and they all just work.

Hoping I can ride this first set of NANOs until the WTB Riddler 45C is available per the WTB website they say July....it needs to be early July.  Wanting to see how a wider tire on a wider rim on a gravel bikes works on the single track.

If future experience follows the last couple months the conversion to tubeless was long overdue and well worth the cost. 

Quote 0 0