patiojon
Hello everyone. I need some advice. I am a road cyclist with pretty much no experience elsewhere. The team that I ride on has several very experienced off road riders who have invited me to join them on a 100 mile " gravel grinder". I know that I can't keep up with most of them but I was just wondering if anyone on this forum has ever done this ride and could help me understand if it is possible for a fit roadie with no off road experience can complete it.
Thank you.
Quote 0 0
AlanEsh
patiojon wrote:
Hello everyone. I need some advice. I am a road cyclist with pretty much no experience elsewhere. The team that I ride on has several very experienced off road riders who have invited me to join them on a 100 mile " gravel grinder". I know that I can't keep up with most of them but I was just wondering if anyone on this forum has ever done this ride and could help me understand if it is possible for a fit roadie with no off road experience can complete it. Thank you.

ugh, that's a long haul for a gravel starter. [biggrin]

I think your biggest hurdle hear will be comfort. If you have a bike that isn't too punishing on the rough stuff, you should be able to handle it. If you're fit for 100 miles, this will be all about the road surface and your bike.
Quote 0 0