gravelguy
does anyone know if the 2015 Raleigh Tamland 1 deraillur will work with a 11-32 cogset or will that change require upgrading to a long cage deraillur?
Quote 0 0
henrypretz
Does it come with a short cage or "mid cage"?  A mid cage will take a 32t (maybe 34t?), short cage is spec'd to 28t, but I've used a 30t and it worked fine.  I tried 32t on that same short cage and it worked, but not very well.
Hope that helps some.
Henry
Quote 0 0
Nebo
If you have a medium cage derailleur it will work with an adjustment of the "b" screw on the derailleur. You might make a short cage work with a 11-32 but it will be close. I tried with a 11-36 but no go. Remember to make sure you have enough chain to cover the large front/large rear gear combination. 
Quote 0 0
gravelguy
If I'm thinking of purchasing the bike spec'd with a Shimano 105 RD-5800, 11spd, is there a way to tell if it's a short, med or long cage?
Quote 0 0
henrypretz
Ask the bike shop or whoever you are buying the bike from.  A mid cage model has the "GS" designation.  Short cage is "SS".
*edit to add - my Grade 105 came stock with mid cage, 11-32t with no B screw adjustment required.
Quote 0 0
pwoodruff
In the process of changing from the 11-28 to an 11-34 and will need to go to a bit longer derailer
Quote 0 0
DrSpoke
If you get cog/pulley interference but the RD can wrap enough chain then take a look at the Wolftooth RoadLink.  You should be able to run a 36 easily with that.  My friend w/a Diverge is running an 11-36 w/o the RoadLink and an Ultegra GS RD.  A B-screw adjustment was all that was necessary.  He is running a 46/34 crankset.
Quote 0 0
Viking55803
It's a short cage on the Tamland 1. I found out the hard way and wrecked the derailleur. Put on a medium cage 105 and the 32 tooth works perfectly.
Quote 0 0
reanimated
I made this same change on my Tamland 1.  I felt like it would be very close to working but I went ahead and bought the new 5701 GS and put it on with a new SRAM cassette. 
Quote 0 0