Zurichman
Wow I am super impressed so far by the Roker and hope it stays that way. It feels light as a feather compared to the 56 cm Tamland 1.

I picked up the bike today from the Raleigh LBS.

I had the bike weighed and a few changes so not an entire fair comparison. I have no trouble believing their stated claim of the bike weighing 19.85 lbs and that is probably the 54 cm or my 56 cm frame without pedals . My bike today when I had it weighed had an upgrade Brooks Imperial saddle on it which I am sure weighs more than the factory one and a Garmin mounting bracket. The bike still had the factory wheel reflectors on it but the front and rear reflectors had been removed.

Bike weight was 20 lbs. 12 ounces

I then had the lightest Shimano mt bike pedals installed(XT race m9000 SPD) 2 Carbon water bottle cages and the Leyzne mini pump and the Garmin 520. Bike came in then at 22 lbs. 1 ounce.

If you read more other post you saw the discussion about the bent rear Derailleur hanger and them not having much experience with that. With what they lacked in experience they more than made up for with being honest and charging me a very fair price. IMHO 

That being said I don't think I could had any better service or pricing from another LBS. Mind you when I walked in with the bike they had made absolutely nothing yet from the bike.

They charged me.

$90.00 set up and labor
$18.00 for 2 tubless valves
$6.48 tax you pay that anywhere
$114.48 total bill.

What I got for my money

pro fitted bike They took the measurements off my old bike and set this bike up the same way.

Made the tires tubeless

Replaced the hangar off my bike with one of their stocked bike parts. Charged me nothing for this since they are an authorized Raleigh Dealer. 

Moved over parts from my old bike aka carbon water bottle cages/Leyzne mini pump and cleaned them up first.

Finished assembly of the bike. I didn't have the front wheel or brake caliper or handle bars completely assembled.

Assembled my Garmin bracket on the bike and made all the necessary changes switch overs to make sure the Garmin/cadences and everything worked.

I am very happy with the service I received there.

Grabbing an hr. nap(flu shot this week and still have some low grade flu symptoms from that)and then taking the bike out and putting it thru the paces tonight on my local mt. Will report on that later tonight.

Zman
If it was easy it wouldn't be a memory. You just hope you don't have all your memories in the same ride. been there dun that Zman
Quote 0 0