Bart33kk
Hello. I bought a Bulls Grinder 2 gravel bike which has rear qr hub and ta on the front. Bike hasn't arrived yet and I'm still beating myself is there a big difference between qr Vs TA on rear. I haven't ride it yet so I can't tell the difference all I know is what I've read that there's a difference between then on front hubs for sure. But what about rear. Is there a big difference if any? What are your thought opinions in that matter guys? Is that a big thing to decide whether buy this or that bike?
I'm beating myself over should I still get that bike or cancel it and look for something with both TA axles? Daaamn
Quote 0 0
shiggy
Bart33kk wrote:
Hello. I bought a Bulls Grinder 2 gravel bike which has rear qr hub and ta on the front. Bike hasn't arrived yet and I'm still beating myself is there a big difference between qr Vs TA on rear. I haven't ride it yet so I can't tell the difference all I know is what I've read that there's a difference between then on front hubs for sure. But what about rear. Is there a big difference if any? What are your thought opinions in that matter guys? Is that a big thing to decide whether buy this or that bike?
I'm beating myself over should I still get that bike or cancel it and look for something with both TA axles? Daaamn

Metal frame (or dropouts) or carbon?

If metal, QR rear is just fine. Unlikely you notice much, if any, stiffness difference.

If carbon, you also probably will not feel much difference in stiffness, BUT QR carbon dropouts tend to let the wheel loosen in use, and it can even pop out in a crash (happened on camera during this year's Paris-Roubaiux). I have experienced the loosening on my mtb.
Quote 0 0
Bart33kk
Thanks for participating in my thread. As to frame it's metal. Aluminium to be exact.
Quote 0 0
drwelby
On an aluminum frame you probably would not be able to notice any difference riding. There is a small plus to through-axles in that they will position your wheel in the exact same place every time you install it and this can help with keeping the rear disc in alignment. With a QR if you're not paying attention you can put the rear wheel in slightly crooked and have the disc rub. 
Quote 0 0
RC
If stiffness and strength is a concern, buy a Paul's QR. They are incredible. Like a vise. And quit worrying, it's all good. 
Quote 0 0
Nubster
Front is definitely difference. Rear...I can't tell and I'm a big guy that can flex a frame. Just for peace of mind when I had a new wheelset built for my Renegade, I opted for the 10x135 rear hub and axle. Even if there's little to no difference...just looking at the axle next to the QR skewer makes me feel like it's a better option. I do wish my bike did have rear TA though just for the fact that replacing the wheel is easier and repeatable everytime whereas a QR rear if you aren't paying attention it can slip a little and things might not line up causing issues until you figure it out. I make it a habit to tighten the rear with the bike on the ground and downward pressure applied rather than doing it in the stand.
Quote 0 0
shiggy
Bart33kk wrote:
Thanks for participating in my thread. As to frame it's metal. Aluminium to be exact.

No worries then. Get the bike. Ride the heck out of it.
Quote 0 0
oleritter
As stated, a 10mm through axle is an option, and some hubs nowadays can be converted back and forth eazy peazy.  
I Build Wheels @millcitycycle

https://www.facebook.com/millcitycycle/
Quote 0 0