jwalther
First post. . .Just got my Kona Rove ST, and I'm planning on a 700c wheelset for winter road riding.  Looking for a tubeless tire, and I'm seeing conflicting information online whether the 32cm Gravelking slicks can be run tubeless, or only the 38s?  Anyone know for sure?
Quote 0 0
Jeb
According to the Panaracer site both 32 and 38 are tubeless compatible.

https://www.panaracer.com/lineup/gravel.html
Quote 0 0
HollyBoni

There was a change both with the slicks and SKs. Some sizes suddenly became tubeless compatible. The 32mm is one of those.

As you can see on the Panaracer website the "new" 32mm should be tubeless. Ask the shop that you're buying from if they have old stock or if it's the newer version. The tyre should say "TLC" on the sidewall. 

(I'm currently running the older 32mm SKs tubeless, they're not TLC in theory yet they work flawlessly. I also have the 38 and 43 versions that are TLC and I can't feel any difference compared to them.)

Btw for winter riding go with the SKs, waaaaay more grip than a slick and they still roll really really good. I'm not convinced you loose any speed at all on pavement compared to a slick. I originally bought them as winter road tyres because I wanted more grip than a slick. Now I run them all year around in different sizes. 

Quote 0 0
jwalther
Thanks guys.  I checked the tires I purchased (assuming they were TLC) and they are not.  I'm returning them and buying the new version.
Quote 0 0
widerisfaster
HollyBoni wrote:

There was a change both with the slicks and SKs. Some sizes suddenly became tubeless compatible. The 32mm is one of those.

As you can see on the Panaracer website the "new" 32mm should be tubeless. Ask the shop that you're buying from if they have old stock or if it's the newer version. The tyre should say "TLC" on the sidewall. 

(I'm currently running the older 32mm SKs tubeless, they're not TLC in theory yet they work flawlessly. I also have the 38 and 43 versions that are TLC and I can't feel any difference compared to them.)

Btw for winter riding go with the SKs, waaaaay more grip than a slick and they still roll really really good. I'm not convinced you loose any speed at all on pavement compared to a slick. I originally bought them as winter road tyres because I wanted more grip than a slick. Now I run them all year around in different sizes. 

I've just moved from Compass 28's and 35's to 44's and cant see when I would want to run 28's or 32's on my gravel bike. When do you run the 32's rather than the 38's or 43's?
Quote 0 0