Texasredfish
What do y'all think about these tires for gravel?
Quote 0 0
ljsmith
Looks like a good all arounder, but for me 620g is just too heavy for a 42c tire.  
Quote 1 0
mr_slow
I think they look really neat, and from the reviews of the Sequoia, which is where Specialized debuted them, they are one of the stand out winners of the bike. I will for sure be picking some up for my new bike, but thats about 6 weeks away from getting here... If anyone tries them, please report back.
Quote 1 0
chonco
They came on a Moots Routt 45 I picked up a few weeks ago and so far I really like the way they ride. Fast on the pavement and fast and stable on the gravel. its been dry around here in WNC so i don't have much mud experience yet.Looks like I will be trying them out in the snow this afternoon.I was concerned about the weight but I like the ride enough that I think I'm going to set them up tubeless this am.
Quote 1 0
mr_slow
Thanks for the feedback, chonco, I just put in my order for the same bike. Do keep us updated with how the perform in snow, since in Colorado we tend to get a lot of the white stuff. 
Quote 1 0
BluesDawg
I've been running them on my AWOL for a couple of months now. I really like the way they roll on hard packed dirt and light gravel roads and they are very smooth and silent on any kind of pavement. I'm running them tubeless on Roval Control Carbon 29 rims using Orange Seal, about 1.5 oz. per tire. They sealed up easily and have held air well.

Yes, they are a bit heavy, so if you are very weight conscious or trying to maximize climbing or acceleration performance, they may not be ideal. I'm more of a get there and enjoy the ride type rider, so they suit me fine. One reason for the weight is their puncture and sidewall protection, so I expect them to be durable.

At first, I thought they were kind of harsh riding and lacked some traction on very dry and sandy dirt roads, but I've found that I can run lower air pressure than I expected and that they get much smoother and more stable at lower pressures. I'm currently running them at 25f/35r.

They have done well in light to moderate gravel conditions. I have not tried them in any really deep gravel. They are great on tacky wet dirt and decently in light surface mud. I don't think their tread pattern will work well in very muddy or very chunky deep gravel conditions, but for everything I've done on them so far, they have been great.
Quote 1 0
Texasredfish
Thanks for the responses! I live in Texas. Lots of dry gravel, but it gets to be sticky mud in places when it is wet. I think they will be good most of the time, but I don't know about the wet conditions.

Quote 0 0
joeysikorski
These are pretty sweet tires for pavement and light gravel! I love them for the flatter trail/crushed limestone stuff. A perfect go to for something to do a little bit of everything.

I have them on my Sequoia and just ran them on a good ride on new years day. They didn't handle as well on the bigger open gravel roads with some climbing and descending. I had some slipping in the rear while climbing and didn't feel as comfortable coming downhill and taking a sweeping turn or corner. I just felt like I needed more bite on the sides. I just put on some Kenda's to try on the same ride that have some bite. Interested to see how they compare.
I'm about 6'0 and 185-190. I was running them around 30 2bliss. Probably could have run a bit lower but didn't want to roll the tire off.
Quote 1 0