DrSpoke
The Sequoia - just announced - looks pretty nice.

http://theradavist.com/2016/07/call-it-a-comeback-specialized-brings-back-the-sequoia-and-its-versatile-design/#1

http://www.bikepacking.com/bikes/specialized-sequoia-review/
Quote 1 0
RoverAl
I like the tires!
Quote 0 0
DrSpoke
Me too - I think they may sell a lot of those.
Quote 0 0
bobknh
Too bad I only have room for one GG bike in my garage. I like almost everything about the design, including the retro/modern steel frame. My only concern would be the low end gearing on the stock higher end models may not be low enough for my 73 year old legs and hilly southern NH terrain. Of course, there are some easy inexpensive gearing fixes mentioned in the review. Maybe my next bike -- but I will have to find a new home for my Haanjo Comp.
Quote 0 0
DrSpoke
I've got a Niner RLT 9 Steel with the same setup - @ age 65 in SoCal.  I switched the chainring from 42t to 38t and it's ok now.  Still higher than my mtn bikes but I can get up most climbs.  That still probably isn't low enough for bikepacking though.  When I get ready to do that I'll call Niner to see what they recommend as 38t is the smallest I can go on the current crank.  Will probably have to find a mtn bike crank that will adapt to the road BB.  That said, it's a beautiful drivetrain - very quiet, very smooth shifting and no dropped chains.  And the hydraulic brakes are pretty good too - not quite as nice as Shimano but close.
Quote 0 0
BluesDawg
I'm very excited about this bike. I'll probably get a set of those tires for my AWOL just as soon as they come available. Then I'll start saving pennies and preparing to sell the AWOL and maybe some orphaned parts around the house so I can get the 650B version whenever it is released. Or possibly a frameset and build it to my own spec. LOVE that fork!
Quote 0 0
RoverAl
I hope the local Tampa dealers will actually stock this model. Availability is a huge factor when checking out potential rides. The more I study this bike the more I like it.
Quote 0 0