Norcalgeek69
Love this bike!!!! I find it smoother than my hardtail Salsa Mamasita on the gravel and handles really well. I’ve been riding a mix of single track, gravel, and road—all that this bike handles well! I did find that tire pressure is very important based on ride and finding a happy space to mix it up took quite a few rides. Niner customer service has been fantastic and I really love gravel!! My only change would be the Tiagra brakes. I’m 6’5” and a bit over 200 lbs and they don’t inspire confidence on the steeper sections of gravel, road, or single tack.
Quote 0 0
67DGS
Nice bike! Have a Niner RLT9 Steel and love it. The RDO looks really tempting though. Great pics, love that kind of country, looks like great trails and roads. Must say have never seen an elevation sign in chains (what’s a chain?)

Happy riding

Jack

Quote 0 0
Norcalgeek69
Thanks! I don’t know about the sign—this is Tueri rd outside San Luis Obispo CA. I’ve been scratching my head since seeing the sign!!
Quote 0 0
OTHRider
A chain is 66 feet or 22 yards. 80 chains equals a mile.  Had to look it up.  College Surveying class was a looooong time ago.  So, the summit is around 290 ft.
Quote 1 0