Zack58

Hi All.  Had my first ride on my new GT Grade yesterday and it was awesome! I am used to riding either a full suspension hybrid, or a much harsher 15-year old Cannondale Silk Road, so this bike was a perfect combo of speed and comfort.  Granted I don't have a carbon or steel bike to compare against and it was a little harsh in spots.  But still, the geometry is relaxed enough to where I could full stretch my back up occasionally, and it felt faster than my Cannondale.  

I did about 32 miles which for me is close to a record for a single day. My goal is to get up to 45 by end of the season.   

Some pics attached.  Other than the Cateye and phone mount, the only thing I added was an extra layer of handlebar tape, a mirror and new Look pedals.  Oh, and I added a gel cover to the saddle to protect my delicate butt! 

2018-07-29 12.56.33.jpg  2018-07-29 12.56.07.jpg  2018-07-29 12.56.02.jpg  2018-07-29 12.55.54.jpg  2018-07-29 12.55.43.jpg  2018-07-29 12.55.16.jpg2018-07-29 12.55.07.jpg    

Quote 0 0
Zurichman
Congrats and keep riding I don't know a lot about this bike but if it has tubeless rims I would go tubeless before I added double handle bar tape. 

Enjoy
Zman
If it was easy it wouldn't be a memory. You just hope you don't have all your memories in the same ride. been there dun that Zman
Quote 0 0
Zack58
Zurichman wrote:
Congrats and keep riding I don't know a lot about this bike but if it has tubeless rims I would go tubeless before I added double handle bar tape. 

Enjoy
Zman

Well, I like the double handlebar tape not just because it's more padded.  I have pretty large hands [wink] so the extra tape creates a wider more comfortable grip. 

Quote 0 0
GOTA
Check out the Lizard Skins 3.2 mm tape.  It's double the thickness so it's like double wrapping without having to actually double wrap.  
Quote 1 0
chas
Nice!  I think Aluminum is a nice price/performance point.  It is light and responsive, yet doesn't cost too much.   With tubeless and low pressure, it will ride great, although I do like a thudbuster or some similar seat post to cushion my bum on an aluminum bike.

Interesting how they combine cable and hydraulic brakes on these bikes.  
Quote 0 0