rockymountainhigh

Hey everyone

Wanted to thank all those who have commented on my previous posts offering advice on the build I was working on. 

Below are a couple photos of the (99%) finished build. Still need to further refine the stem setup and trim the fork a little more when done but it is ridable and ready for testing. 

The components are as follows:
DIY Carbon Doctrine frame (19in)
DIY Carbon fork
DIY Carbon ultra light Ti seat post
Light Bicycle Carbon rims with bladed spokes accented with gold nips and valve
DT Swiss 240 hubs
Full XX1 Sram drivetrain with 36t crank
SRAM Red hoods
SRAM Force brakes
Specialized Phenon seat with Ti rails
Ritchey Venture Max WCS flared drop bar
Maxxis Pace 2.1 tubeless tires 
Shimano XTR pedals 

As it sits right now it weighs in at a spritely 19.5 lbs. 
The goal was to be under 20lbs and pretty much right where my other gravel bike (Spec Diverge) sits in terms of weight. I will most likely be able to shave a few ounces off when I finalize the stem and fork height as well as when I replace the stock thru axles with something super light weight. 

Next year I will also most likely go AXS on this and will part out the hoods and derailleur for the AXS stuff. Won't be any lighter but it will be nice not having to move my hands so much to hit the MTB shifter. 

When I finalize everything I will shoot some proper photos with my good camera. 

Monster Gravel 1.jpeg  Monster Gravel 2.jpeg 

Quote 0 0
HollyBoni
How does the shifting work? Are you running an MTB trigger shifter mounted on the tops? 
Quote 0 0
rockymountainhigh

HollyBoni wrote:
How does the shifting work? Are you running an MTB trigger shifter mounted on the tops? 

Ya it just has the XX1 mtb shifter mounted on the top near the stem. I do have to move my hand if they are on the hoods but there is not really another option unless you go wireless. 
Didn't feel like spending the extra cash and I got part of the drivetrain used from a local group for a killer price. 

Quote 0 0
HollyBoni
I do have to move my hand if they are on the hoods but there is not really another option unless you go wireless.

Yeah the incompatibilty and the no (cable actuated) drop bar Eagle option is pretty dumb, I just asked to see if maybe you came up with a solution. Some kind of magic spell that adds a click to the shifter and modifies the cable pull or something. Ã°Å¸ËœÂ
Quote 0 0