dgaddis1
I'm hosting the Middle GA Epic next year, which will be the longest multi-surface race in GA, and last weekend a buddy and I did a route recon ride.  124 miles, 8.5hrs in the saddle, good times!!  It's going to make a great race course.  

Dustin
Southern Wheelworks
Quote 4 0
BrownDog
Where and when? Keep us posted
Quote 0 0
dgaddis1
BrownDog wrote:
Where and when? Keep us posted

Feb 18th, start/finish at the Blue Goose in Irwinton, GA.

http://www.MiddleGAEpic.com
Quote 2 0
shiggy
You were flying. Looks like a fun route
Quote 0 0
dgaddis1
shiggy wrote:
You were flying. Looks like a fun route

Ha, hardly!  We kept a steady pace, took turns at the front on the paved sections, but we never really pedaled hard.  We made three stops to get food and fluids, and one of those we went into a Zaxby's and ate lunch.  It was really nice that my friend and I have essentially the same fitness right now, so it was really easy to ride the same pace together all day, neither of us was working harder than the other.  That's hard to find on a ride that long.

I was pretty happy to be getting off my bike by the time we finished haha.
Quote 0 0
Tlcrouch355
Looks like it will be a great ride.
Quote 0 0
Jim Rice
Looking forward to it!
Quote 0 0
shiggy
dgaddis1 wrote:

Ha, hardly!  We kept a steady pace, took turns at the front on the paved sections, but we never really pedaled hard.  We made three stops to get food and fluids, and one of those we went into a Zaxby's and ate lunch.  It was really nice that my friend and I have essentially the same fitness right now, so it was really easy to ride the same pace together all day, neither of us was working harder than the other.  That's hard to find on a ride that long.

I was pretty happy to be getting off my bike by the time we finished haha.

8.5 hours is my usual time for solo all pavement 200Ks. Saturday four of us did a mixed surface 200K with 10k-ft vert in 14 hrs, with lots of photo stops.
Quote 0 0
Sadlebred

I can't wait for it! Will you be offering a shorter distance for those of us that can't/don't like to ride that far?
I've also heard great things about the Blue Goose.

Quote 0 0
dgaddis1
Sadlebred wrote:

I can't wait for it! Will you be offering a shorter distance for those of us that can't/don't like to ride that far?
I've also heard great things about the Blue Goose.

Yep, there will also be a 100k option, and like the 200k it's about a 50/50 split between pavement and dirt.
Quote 0 0
dgaddis1
shiggy wrote:
8.5 hours is my usual time for solo all pavement 200Ks. Saturday four of us did a mixed surface 200K with 10k-ft vert in 14 hrs, with lots of photo stops.

That 8.5hrs is the 'ride time', total time was a little over 9.5hrs.  The 200k has just under 5200ft of climbing.
Quote 0 0
delhirider
And I plan on riding it!!! Thanks a ton, our own 200K !!!!! Couldn't feel more proud!!!!
Quote 0 0