Tretjak Show full post »
Tretjak
I use the Silex on the road....for commuting and therefor I’m using SPD (MTB shoes), they are much nicer to walk in and I need to walk a bit at the company area until I,m at my desk.
I have 20k each direction.
I have fitted mudguards and a Thule rack and bags.

You can use the Silex as a road/race bike but it will be less agile than a pure race/endurance bike.
I would have fitted 28mm tires if I would have this as my only bike.
Br Fredrik
Quote 0 0
Tretjak
The Silex is roughly 2kg heavier than my  Trek Domane.
So I use my Silex as my everyday bike and the Trek as my club ride bike. 
Br Fredrik
Quote 0 0
AltaJan
Hi Fredrik! 
Is there a good reason for using the front roller mounts for for attaching the front fender?
I am using the  "small holes with a lock screw on the end of the fork" (putting the pin in and securing with lock screw).

regards Jan
20190829_131027.jpg  
Quote 0 0
Tretjak
Hello Jan

That was the only solution the LBS had/saw.
I guess that the mount in the mud guard it self is slightly too high  up to be able to work in the same was as you have.

Can you take close up picture if your set up?
Br Fredrik
Quote 0 0
AltaJan
Hi Fredrik.

Here is a close-up of the "fender pin" going into the hole on the front fork (Merida Silex 600 2019). The pins are secured by lock screws . 
I was considering the Spezialized Dry Tech's myself, as the fenders i have are a bit too narrow and beat up (picked off an old bike😉). 
That was the reason for asking.  If the mount on the mud guard on  the Dry Tech front fender is too high i have to reconsider.   

BTW: You have a beautiful bike, and you made the right choice with a 2x11 setup.  I miss the  low end gears going  up steep hills, and the high end gears downhill on tarmac.  

regards Jan 

20190829_150925.jpg  
Quote 0 0
Tretjak
Hello Jan

It might actually work...
But I don’t have time before Sunday most likely to check it out.

The rear fender is actually quit OK as it is but not the front.
5B78C08F-1A76-4418-9055-89AE1DDAAF18.jpeg  B0070087-1D28-431B-BA4D-01AC25B1700C.jpeg 
Br Fredrik
Quote 0 0
Tretjak
The fender pin was just to thick to be slotted in to the hole in the fork.
Br Fredrik
Quote 0 0
AltaJan
Hi Fredrik
Good to know. The Dry-Techs is not an option then. 

Regards Jan
Quote 0 0