ljsmith
If you are a roadie who thinks a 35c tire is huge and nothing larger is needed, you might just want to stop reading.  For those of you who want to push the limit, keep reading.  I bought  a Lynskey GR250 for both gravel and singletrack.  I have several wheelsets for it and will be using different wheels/tires depending on where I am riding.  The first thing I wanted to do was see what size tires it really will fit.  Keep in mind I am using the 3T Luteus II fork, which fits way bigger tires than the Enve that the GR250 currently ships with.  The fork has HUGE clearance.  The frame easily fits the 29 x 2.0 Furious Fred.  The 27.5 x 2.35 Nobby Nic side knobs rub the frame, so they are not going to fit.  A 2.35 tire with small side lugs would probably work.  These tires are on 23mm inner width rims.  The  tires I am using are:

1.  27.5 x 2.1 Schwalbe Thunderburt (2.05 actual)
2.  27.5 x 2.25 Schwalbe Racing Ralph (2.15 actual)
3.  27.5 x 2.35 Schwalbe Nobby Nic (2.28 actual)
4.  29 x 2.0 Schwalbe Furious Fred (1.85 actual)

Fork with Nobby Nic
3T NN.JPG 
Fork with Furious Fred
3T FF.JPG 

Frame with Thunderburt
TB.JPG 

Frame with Racing Ralph
RR.JPG 

Frame with Nobby Nic
NN.JPG

Frame Furious Fred.
FF.JPG 
Quote 2 0
cobra_kai
Thanks for sharing, good info [thumb]
Quote 0 0
NoCoGreg
Just curious, did your bike come with the Enve and if so what's the max tire size that will fit?  It's surprising Lynskey would build a frame which could accommodate such wide tires but then mate it to a fork with much less clearance.

Interesting drive side chainstay...

Thanks for sharing,
Greg

Quote 0 0
ljsmith
NoCoGreg wrote:
Just curious, did your bike come with the Enve and if so what's the max tire size that will fit?  It's surprising Lynskey would build a frame which could accommodate such wide tires but then mate it to a fork with much less clearance.

Interesting drive side chainstay...

Thanks for sharing,
Greg

I ordered the frame only.  Lynksey used to spec the 3T with the GR250, but for some reason they switched to the Enve.  Enve says their fork fits a 650b x 2.0, so thats a decent size, but the 3T fits much more massive tires.
Quote 0 0