zeroack

[dEJ55R3]

Decided to take a B-road last night on my ride. Looked harmless enough. Guess not. It had no out road so I had to turn around and ride it back out. Just a little bit after turning around I kept feeling moisture on my lets. I'd felt it before. Sealant getting flung out from the tire. I'd been running tubeless for about two months. Never really REALLY tested them. I stopped quickly to see how bad it was going to be. My tires were filled with thorns. Tires were holding air thou so I pedaled on. I kept hearing air leaking and feeling spray from the tires, but the tires stayed up and I kept pedaling. I made it 13 miles home from the point at which I acquired all the thorns. Vid I made up showing all the thorns - 

I was blow away by how well the tubeless set up worked. Yes it was sort of a pain to get them set up and yes I think it would still be a pain if I went totally flat on the road. However it totally saved me from calling for a ride home.

My set up was as such - Orange Seal stem's, Orange Seal sealant, Maxxis Crossmark's, and velocity rims.

Quote 0 0
killarbb
wow........i have pulled a few locust tree thorns out and had them seal up, but i have never seen so many thorns in 1 tire at 1 time

Quote 0 0
jimmydot
So did you have to retire the tire after the ride or were you still able to use the Tire after pulling out all the thorns?  I'm not clear on how the sealant works even if you only got one thorn or nail or screw and removed. I have been told you just pull out whatever gave you the flat, spin the wheel and ride-on.  does the sealant jell/rubberize once it is exposed to the outside air like gorilla glue?
Fast as a Turtle in Colorado
2012 Carver Ti | 2014 9:zero:7
http://www.dailymile.com/people/jimmydot
“Be like water… adjust… put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Be water, my friend.” ― Bruce Lee
Quote 0 0
zeroack
Tires are still fine.  I'll pull the thorns and the sealant will plug the holes.
Quote 0 0