xhx
I have a go-to tire for this (Schwalbe Marathon Mondial, folding, 40mm) that from experience lasts 1000's of miles and handles tubeless reasonably well.  Curious if anyone has a similar tire they can recommend.  I've been running WTB tires so far this year (Nano & Riddler) with so-so results in the wear department.  Definitely not tires I'd want to rely on for week after week of big rides.
Quote 0 0
bobknh
I've been running Maxxis Ramblers TR all season with little visible wear. JOM on the Gravel Cyclist web site, flew to Australia and put big miles on his, on all sorts of unpaved roads, without a single puncture or failure. See his review here: http://www.gravelcyclist.com/bicycle-tech/review-maxxis-rambler-40mm-tires/ . Great tires.
Quote 0 0
Lbc
I've had good luck w conti cyclocross speed Durable and fast on Iowa gravel.

Also bontrager cxo have held up nicely.
Quote 0 0
Adam V
I just picked up a pair of the Specialized 32mm roubaix pro tubeless tires, waiting on my new disc rain/gravel bike to put them on, but they look like they should be a good rain bike tire, or easier gravel.  I've had good luck with Specialized cross tubeless tires and the non tubeless turbo pro tires in 26 and 28MM, and they have a new 28MM turbo pro in a tubeless version now also, which should be a good competitor to the Hutchinson Sector 28. I've liked the conti speed cross tire also, though it is not tubeless, the kenda happy medium and Specialized trigger are similar file tread tires that are available tubeless.  Adam
Quote 0 0
NoCoGreg
I haven't found another road tire which compares to the Schwalbe Marathon Mondial (or it's predecessor the Marathon XR).  Have a set of 26x2.25 on a Frankenbike (Mtb) that is used almost exclusively for gravel, and another set of 700x40 on a Soma Saga which sees about 3/4 of it's time on paved roads. The tread on the MM is definitely on the smoother side and all that tread makes a heavy tire that seldom punctures and lasts.  I've ridden Clements (MSO, USH, others), Conti (4k, Gatorskin, Travel Contact, others), Specialized Armadillo.  If you're willing to live with the weight, then IMO the MM is the longest lasting tire our there.  FWIW, I buy the folding MM's overseas where they cost less than half of what one sees in the US...

Cheers,
Greg
Quote 0 0
xhx
NoCoGreg wrote:
FWIW, I buy the folding MM's overseas where they cost less than half of what one sees in the US...

Cheers,
Greg

Nice. I scored a pair fo r$120 shipped on eBay last month. They're on my commuter for now, tubeless. If they wear like the last set they should easily last me a year.
Quote 0 0