mshaw82
Just curious if anyone is familiar with the Chinese company, Lightcarbon and what their experience has been. I recently purchased a set of their new 'gravel/cyclocross' wheels, the GCX28 rim with DT Swiss 240s hubs and Sapim CX-Ray spokes which weigh in at just shy of 1400 grams. I haven't actually ridden them yet as I am in the process of rebuilding my Cannondale Topstone, but the quality seems to be very good, and I figured why not give them a try for $830, shipped. I will be running them tubeless on a set of WTB Riddler 37c tires. I'll be able to give my review in a few weeks, but thought I would see if anyone has any feedback in the meantime. Thanks!

The link is here if anyone is curious:

https://www.lightcarbon.com/lightcarbon-cyclocross-carbon-wheel-disc-brake-gravel-carbon-wheel_p140.html
Quote 0 0
thumper88
This would read less like a sneak advertisement if you had asked the question before you bought the wheels. It's kind of odd to ask for feedback about something you've already bought.
Quote 0 0
mshaw82
Not an ad... I took a bit of a risk buying them and was just curious if others here had any feedback. 
Quote 0 0
smoothmoose
Let me know how it goes.  I'm looking at lightweight XC race rim build (300-330g) per 29er/700c rim.
Quote 0 0
chas
What could go wrong?
Reminds me of the article I recently read about a guy who went for a ride and woke up on a life-flight helicopter.   Apparently he was on high pressure road tubeless and the tire burped at speed.

I doubt (hope) you'll have that problem, but tires and wheels are kinda critical.  I have heard good things about light bike wheels.  Not familiar with your brand.  For what it is worth, I'm running some Chinese carbon rims (Nextie) - and they are working great for me (as long as I'm not using Conti tubeless tires or anything with a really heavy tight bead)
Quote 1 0