levity

SoCal winters are milder than those in most of the country, and February can be spring-like.  Here are some pics from a short ride with mrs levity in LCWP, a little gem in the middle of suburbia.  The route starts and ends in Irvine, going through Bommer Canyon, over Bommer Ridge, down Willow to Laguna Canyon, up West Ridge and over to Quail Hill, 24 miles, 2400’ elevation gain.  (pics using a Polaroid Cube)

Bommer Canyon

[FILE0150-XL]  

Bommer Ridge

[FILE0157-XL]  

[FILE0166-XL]  

Upper Willow
[FILE0170-XL] 

[FILE0175-XL]  

Lower Willow

[FILE0181-XL] 

[FILE0186-XL] 

West Ridge
[FILE0201-XL] 

[FILE0211-XL] 

Quote 3 0
AlanEsh
Every thread you create makes me want to move [biggrin]
I was just out there staying at Laguna Beach in early February; sunny and 75F... The cab ride from John Wayne took me right by there I think, but I didn't have time to rent a bike, unfortunately.
Quote 0 0
OTHRider
Nice route.  Thanks for sharing the pictures. 

I tried to beat the rain on Saturday and road all the gravel I could from the Big A up SART to the Green River Golf Club before work.  Your route is much more scenic.  I'm really liking the MSO 40's on this bike.
Quote 0 0
levity
Agreed, LCWP and adjacent Cyrstal Cove State Park and Aliso and Wood Canyons Wilderness Park have lots of scenic roads and trails.

Sounds like you're closer to Chino Hills State Park (just north of the Santa Ana River Trail and Green River Golf Club).  Lots of good riding there as well.  I posted a few pics in the link below, but it probably looks a lot nicer now that we've finally had some rain to green things up.

http://ridinggravel.forumchitchat.com/post/chino-hills-state-park-so-calif-7131863?pid=1284749612#post1284749612
Quote 0 0
TuffMTB
Beautiful pics!  There is an awesome ride that JRA Bike & Brew hosts in Agoura Hills that is just simply amazing!  It takes you through awesome single and double track as well as through where they filmed M*A*S*H.  A must do for adventure/gravel riders.

FullSizeRender 3.jpg 
Quote 0 0
levity
Mrs levity and I repeated the LCWP loop we did a couple of weeks ago, but this time took a couple of short single track sections along the way.  Stagecoach Trail took us from the bottom of Willow Canyon past Hwy 73 and allowed us to avoid a busy stretch of traffic on Laguna Canyon Road.  There were a couple of short hike-a-bike sections, but most of it was just fun riding.

[FILE0058-XL] 

[FILE0062-XL] 

[FILE0063-XL] 

[FILE0064-XL]
Quote 1 0