Scandinavian_dirt
I’ve learnt a lot on this forum, but have to realise that the bikes available isn’t really the same here in Europe compared to The US or Canada. Diamondbacks can’t be found in Europe and we are stuck with UK Raleighs that does not compare with its US namesake. And the Fuji’s are quite hard to find and way more expansive here. Just to name a few.
My top choose now is between the Cannondake Topstone Sora and the Kona Rove NRB. The geometries are pretty comparable, but the equipment is a bit better on the Rove. The biggest difference I think are the 650b wheels on the Rove.
I would use the bike for 90% gravel roads. Most of it not the worst kind, but rather nice roads, with som single track and harder gravel once in a while.
Any recommendations from all you experienced cyclist out there?

Quote 0 0
alembical
No clue about those two, but I am really enjoying the steel Kona Rove St. 
Quote 0 0
brando
I also ride a Rove ST and like the geometry and ride quite a bit. I test rode the NRB DL and it was great, snappier than the Steel model but maybe a bit stiffer, and I had to keep my steel allegiance.

Couple questions:

are the prices comparable for you for these two? At least in the US, pricing of thr NRB looks closer to the Topstone 105, which with 11speed and hydro brakes is pretty awesome.

Are you still able to get a green NRB with Shimano? For 2019 the color is changing snd going to SRAM 1x, so if availability isn’t an issue, great.
Quote 0 0
HollyBoni

It looks like the Kona is more expensive but still not as expensive as the 105 Topstone. Brando is right, this is the current year model: 

http://www.konaworld.com/rove_nrb.cfm

Personally i'd go with the Kona just because of 650b. Although you could probably run 650b in the Topstone. On those short rough and singletrack segments you are going to love the big tyres, and who knows, you might want to ride more rough stuff in the future (happened to me). Also, less toe overlap. Can be pretty annoying especially with fenders. 

Also i'm not a snob but the Topstone Sora is such a low spec bike that I would spend just a bit more to get slightly better components like on the Kona. 

Quote 0 0
Scandinavian_dirt
Good input from all of you. For the moment I have the possibility of a good deal on the Kona 2018, so the price only differs about $100. Was a bit surprised by the answer from the Kona representatives about tires. They only guarantee 36c would fit on 700c rims. “But maybe 42c would fit. Or maybe they’ll rub”. They make the bikes so they should know...
Quote 0 0
HollyBoni
Scandinavian_dirt wrote:
Good input from all of you. For the moment I have the possibility of a good deal on the Kona 2018, so the price only differs about $100. Was a bit surprised by the answer from the Kona representatives about tires. They only guarantee 36c would fit on 700c rims. “But maybe 42c would fit. Or maybe they’ll rub”. They make the bikes so they should know...

A bit lazy answer but don't forget that this bike was designed for 650b. At least they said something, some manufacturers would tell you that "the Rove was designed for 650b and it won't work with 700c" or some similar rubbish. 

If the price difference is that small then definitely Kona. Tiagra vs Sora, you get better brakes, WTB KOM rims, and that square taper crankset on the Cannondale... Come on. 😃
Quote 0 0
Scandinavian_dirt
Thanks for all your recommendations and answers on this forum!

I went with the 2018 Kona Rove NRB (last December) and it has been great fun! The nicest bike I’ve ever had actually, and I’ve had quite a few (mostly road bikes). I have not yet got a second pair of wheels so I’m still not really sure what 700c tires that would fit in the frame and fork. But I want something different to change to. So I don’t think I go wider than abut 40 mm, even thou 42 mm may be the perfect allrounder in my opinion on the roads I mostly ride. So far my 650B, 47 mm Horizons are great. But they are by far not the most grippy ones in the curves...
Quote 0 0