Vantage50
Looking to get a more gravel-oriented all round bike. I plan on doing single track, canal paths, and just road riding. I found a 2014 kona jake the snake that looks pretty good. How is the Jake the Snake? 
Quote 0 0
gluestick
I owned one for a while. It is an entry level CX bike that can handle gravel. Pros: inexpensive,  easy to work on with external cables. Cons: short CX wheelbase (I had serious toe overlap as a result as well as twitchy handling), heavy frame, and mine was cantilever brake. My next gravel bike was a Specialized Crux, which was a BIG step up from the Kona. Geometry was still more CX oriented (almost identical to my CAAD10 I had at the time IIRC), but noticeably lighter,  snappier, and disc brake capable. If I were in the used, several year old market,  I would strongly recommend the Crux or even a Trek Boone.
Quote 0 0
Scubaman
You mention wanting to ride single track. As a CX bike, I think the widest tire this frame can handle is narrower than I’d recommend - or anyway, be comfortable using myself - for single track. Canal paths should be fine. 
Quote 0 0
irideiam
The Trek Crockett in aluminum frame/carbon fork version of the carbon Boone is also worth considering. It came in a rim & disc brake version up until around 2017. 
"I ride I am!"
Quote 0 0