bzo
I recently switched to 650b on my disc road bike with some GravelKing 1.5" tires and I've been really liking how that is working out except for the clearance on the back wheel. On my 24mm internal width rims, the GKs are 40mm wide and that leaves almost zero clearance to the stays.

I've been looking for a slightly narrower tire, but it seems 1.5"/38mm is pretty much the narrowest 650b tires are currently made. There are a few exceptions but they mostly tend to be low end stuff.

The only decent ones I've found, but aren't ideal are:
1) Schwalbe X-One, comes in a 33, but has a fairly aggressive off road tread pattern
2) Schwalbe G-One Allround comes in a 35, but only in the non-tubeless Performance line

Anyone know of a decent tubeless ready tire narrower than the GK 1.5?
Quote 0 0
drwelby
Tubeless is going to be tough.

If you can live with a tube in the rear the nice 32s that you can get online are:

Grand Bois Cypres
Hutchinson Confrerie des 650b
Quote 0 0
chas
Schwalbe lists: 
1160092930-584 (27.5 x 1.20)RaceGuardDualBlack$48.00
Quote 0 0
bzo
Thanks for the suggestions. I only need a few mm so was hoping I overlooked a tubeless tire that was 35 wide or even a 38 that ran narrow. I'm starting to think that maybe I should move back to 700 on this bike, since if I'm going to go down to 32, there are lots of options in a 700.
Quote 0 0
drwelby
The Pari Moto is now tubeless and comes in a 38 but I would expect to to be the same as the GK.

What about an i19 rim in the rear? Since narrow rims are off-trend maybe you can find something on blowout?
Quote 0 0
bzo
You're probably right about the Pari Moto, since they're both made by Panaracer it would be surprising if they were sized differently. But then again, I have heard some people say that Compass runs larger, so who knows?

I did think about swapping rims, but these are new carbon rims so maybe I should just live with it and see if I run into any problems.  I can move these wheels to my gravel/CX bike so it'll work out one way or another.
Quote 0 0