borxes
Hi,
it's my first post here, but first I apologize for my not so good English.
I'm on the way to buy on after summer sales one of: Jamis Renegade Expert vs. Giant AnyRoad CoMax.
I'm 180 cm, 82 inseam, 75 kg. So what I want from bike:
- I want a relaxed seat position
- I want to drive with maximum straight leg, but keep touching the ground
- max tire size
- mudguards option
Any other bike recommendation is welcome, but bike need to be on sale online in Europe.
I'm from Bulgaria. The max. money is 1500 euro.
Thank you.
Quote 0 0
Nubster
I love my Renegade. It checks all your requirements other than price....I don't know what you can get one for over there. But it's relaxed, will fit 40c tires (comes stock with 35c), has mudguard and rack bosses, carbon frame and fork, and hydraulic disc brakes. I don't think the Giant has hydro brakes. It's fast on the road and compliant in the rough. It's a great bike that I'd highly recommend.
Quote 0 0
borxes
Both bikes are 1500-600 euro now here at Europe. So how is position of the leg on your renegade? No dealer close to me so I need to buy online. The post is geometry releated too. 180 cm, 82 inseam which size? And Im most intetested on to fork and frame, other things, like brakes I can change it..
Quote 0 0
Nubster

Leg position is dictated by a properly fitted bike. So for me it's as it should be. Slightly bend at the bottom of the pedal stroke.

I'm 6'2" (188cm) tall with a 32" (81cm) inseam and I ride a size 58 frame. You are shorter but have a taller inseam. So...you'd definitely be at least a 56cm and possibly a 58cm frame. There's a 17mm difference between the two in top tube length and 9mm difference in reach. The 58cm comes with a longer stem which would likely need swapped for something shorter if you went with the 58cm frame due to your shorter torso. But the 58cm frame would work better for your leg length. So it's hard to recommend with certainty because your upper body is a 56cm frame but your lower body is a 58cm frame.

Do you have a bike now? What is it? How does it fit? What size is it? What's the top tube length? Reach? 

Quote 0 0
jonz
I have a Jamis Renegade Expert, size 51.  My other road bikes have been 54 and 55 cm.  I bought my bike from a shop that had both the 51 and 54 cm sizes in stock and I rode both before choosing. I wanted a more relaxed, upright riding position and the 51 cm size did that for me.
Quote 0 0
borxes
Nubster wrote:

Do you have a bike now? What is it? How does it fit? What size is it? What's the top tube length? Reach? 

Last 5 years I'm with a small MTB - 18". Here most of the people ride MTB, and shop's sell mostly MTB.
I try lot of road bikes from Trek and Specialized. I like them, and then read about. Then I discover cyclocross bikes, and after all - gravel bikes. But here we don't have dealers (Giant dealer quit 2 years ago). The local Specialized dealer is new and sold 1! diverge. I'm on conversation with the owner to see it and test it. So the decision is hard - I need to buy from pictures..
At the Giant bike the situation is clear: the size is 'M'.
But now on sale is 54 size from Jamis for only 1200-300 euro..
So the question is 54 or 56 for:
- a relaxed seat position
- to drive with maximum straight leg, but keep touching the ground
And any other bike recommendation is welcome..
I can take every bike from here:
https://www.evanscycles.com/bikes/cyclocross-bikes_c/adventure_road-discipline
but need to be minimum 2x10 speed and minimum tires - 35c, option to put 40c it will be good.
Mudguards is needed too, we have a rain and snow up to 3-5 months here, but the weather is good enough to drive.
Quote 0 0