frontrangegravel
Bikerumor.com just did a release for the new carbon Jamis Renegade. What do you think?

2015-jamis-renegade-carbon-fiber-disc-brake.jpg 

"Jamis’ sponsored pro Tyler Wren successfully crushed the Tushar in 2012 aboard a prototypecarbon fiber Supernova disc brake ‘cross bike, which was followed with production alloy Novas before the carbon frame got final.

Now, he’s looking to repeat the performance aboard the all-new Jamis Renegade adventure road bike.

Built from the ground up to be both racy and all-day comfortable, the Renegade uses a consistently progressive stack and reach growth across all frame sizes. The frame is a mix of high- and mid-modulus carbon using their NearNet molding process and uses size specific layups and tube sizes with three different fork offsets. Then they built in three different BB drops, three different rear-center measurements and two rear triangle sizes. They say that makes it as close to custom as you’re likely to get off the shelf. From there, spec is very good with two complete bikes ready for pretty much anything, with looks ready to rebel against pavement at a moment’s notice…"

Quote 0 0
BluesDawg
The gravel riding field is getting very interesting with new bikes from GT, Jamis and Specialized coming out. Maybe more to come?
Quote 0 0
Croz
Nice to see these carbon disc frames popping up... It sure looks a lot like the new Gian Defy Disc that I saw here: http://velonews.competitor.com/2014/07/bikes-and-tech/first-ride-giant-goes-disc-time-new-defy_335979 (Not that there is anything wrong with that at all...)

My next road bike will have discs and I'm intrigued to see these nicely made carbon frames... I still like the Volagi Liscio the best, but I'm curious to see how these short seat stay frames ride on rougher surfaces. I'm also curious to see the geometry... I generally prefer a steeper head tube angle than most "endurance" bike have, but with that said, bike handling is about the combination of many factors, not just the head tube angle, so I can't wait to try these out and see how they ride.

Croz

Quote 0 0
Walt Brown
Bicycling magazine featured it in this months buyers guide. The only bike featured in the "gravel" category. Has anyone rode it yet? Looks loke it became available in January.
Quote 0 0
jaydoc1
I've had one stuck off the coast of LA for a couple months because of the dock workers strike. Supposedly I'll finally have it within the next couple weeks.
Quote 0 0
Walt Brown
Can't wait for a review
Quote 0 0
jaydoc1
It's here! Unfortunately the rear brake piston isn't functioning properly so we have one being expressed in from Shimano. Hopefully I'll be riding by Wednesday!
Quote 0 0
Upchuck
We received our shipment earlier this week. I've ridden the Renegade Elite at Interbike (rough Bootleg Cyn singletrack) and a few times on SoCal roads/trails/fireroads (rough, bumpy, loose, dry) when the Jamis Demo van came to our shop. 

1. VERY smooth offroad!
2. Very comfortable riding position for the longest of rides.
3. Great in tight twisty turns- NO TOE OVERLAP! 
4. Easily could replace the touring bike in one's quiver- we already have three committed buyers after test rides.

Needless to say, I'm impressed. 
Every ride should be memorable.
Quote 0 0
admccrea
I would really like a test ride, none of the dealers in my area have one.  I don't think I can buy one sight unseen.
Quote 0 0
Heffe
frontrangegravel wrote:
Bikerumor.com just did a release for the new carbon Jamis Renegade. What do you think?  

It looks nice. I would be interested in a frameset but I think that you have to buy a full bike.
Quote 0 0
Powerful Pete
I have been riding one for a month, just over 1200 km on it as of this morning. [biggrin]

Happy to answer any questions.

Quote 0 0
Walt Brown
How's it been on gravel? Any idea how it compares to the Grade or Diverge? How would it be as a road bike?
Quote 0 0
Powerful Pete
@Walt,

It is an excellent road bike - a bit more relaxed geometry works like a charm, although look elsewhere if you want a razor sharp crit bike.

It handles the light gravel roads (C&O Canal and similar in the DC area, if that helps) without any issues. As I work up to more intense gravel I will give you more feedback, so far so good.
Quote 0 0
Walt Brown
Thanks Pete, just looking for something that can handle local B group rides, say 18-20 MPH, and can go off road/ gravel more confidently than most endurance bikes.
Quote 1 0