DerekJ_MI
15 degrees outside here in the Motor City. I'm not riding outside until maybe the Waterloo Race or maybe Barry Roubaix.  I'm becoming a fair weather rider for sure.  Looking forward to the summer and until then I'm hard at work on my trainer grinding out 175 to 250 miles per week.  Got to love those trainers!
Quote 0 0
JMosey
I’m in the same boat and have been a wimp this year about riding outside. I had a fantastic November, but then crapped the bed in December. I’m back in the swing of things the last couple of weeks and even got in a 4.5 hour “century” on Zwift Saturday. I’m averaging around 200 miles per week or around 11 hours so far this year. If I can keep that up everything else should take care of itself!  

Next up for me is Land Run, then Melting Mann the following week, then Dirty Thirty in GR area. Not the brightest plan and if one of my athletes did it I would slap them, but I figure go big or go home for next year!
Quote 0 0
chas
DerekJ_MI wrote:
15 degrees outside here in the Motor City. I'm not riding outside until maybe the Waterloo Race or maybe Barry Roubaix.  I'm becoming a fair weather rider for sure.  Looking forward to the summer and until then I'm hard at work on my trainer grinding out 175 to 250 miles per week.  Got to love those trainers!

I find that by training in the winter in our velodrome, I'm primed for the spring races in Michigan.  I've just never been able to do the trainer thing, and track riders kick my butt all winter long...
Quote 0 0
DerekJ_MI
chas wrote:

I find that by training in the winter in our velodrome, I'm primed for the spring races in Michigan.  I've just never been able to do the trainer thing, and track riders kick my butt all winter long...
I work downtown in Detroit and go past the velodrome all the time.  Never thought about going in and riding.  I thought it was pricy for training.  so I avoid it.  What do you pay to play?
Quote 0 0