kriskexplorer
Looking to get a light that is helmet mounted and not to heavy.  Anyone use one?  I'm thinking for the DK I might run a light on the bar and one on the helmet.  Also long battery life would be great.
Quote 0 0
conifir
I use a helmet light.... DeNotti..... Nice and bright for my use....
Quote 0 0
shiggy
I have this Magicshine MJ-900 light
http://www.amazon.com/MagicShine-High-Efficiency-Commuting-Peddling-Competitively/dp/B015HBGDDE/ref=sr_1_1?s=outdoor-recreation&ie=UTF8&qid=1458877560&sr=1-1&keywords=magicshine+mj900

Small, light, bright, good run time. Battery pack is tiny and can mount to the back of the helmet without noticing it.
Do need to have/get a helmet mount.
Quote 0 0
pawnee
I've been very happy with my Light & Motion Vis 360, which has a front, rear, and side light. I haven't tried other similar lights for comparison, but the Vis 360 feels pretty lightweight to me. Seems like I found it somewhere online for around $80.

https://www.rei.com/product/808602/light-motion-vis-360-front-and-rear-helmet-bike-light-system

Quote 0 0
frontrangegravel
shiggy, 

What kind of specific run time do you get on that?  
It says 2.3hours on full power, with just over 4 hours on 50% power going right up to 10 hours on 30% of power output. Is that pretty accurate?

Thanks, 
Ben
Quote 0 0
shiggy
frontrangegravel wrote:
shiggy, 

What kind of specific run time do you get on that?  
It says 2.3hours on full power, with just over 4 hours on 50% power going right up to 10 hours on 30% of power output. Is that pretty accurate?

Thanks, 
Ben

The claimed run times are pretty accurate. Have not done a specific test. Have not had the battery run out unexpectedly.

I find the 30% level to be bright enough for general use, so it is good for 8-9 hours. Use the brightest only for high speed sections.

I have been using MagicShine lights for years. This model is way beyond their early offerings in design, quality, and effectiveness.

Incredibly small and light, both the light head and the battery.
Quote 0 0
shiggy
Pics of my MagicShine MJ-900
Complete weight as shown, 190g.
$66
Quote 0 0