Craig75
What are your thoughts about Irwin Aon gx35 gravel wheelset?
Wanting to upgrade and thinking about purchasing these for my gravel bike.
Quote 0 0
DKeane
Decently light and internal width is good for > 30mm tires.  Hub is in-house - not sure about reliability or ease of repair.  Assuming these will mostly stay on gravel - good wheel set.  $1,600 seems a bit overpriced .  You could get any number of sets with similar specs for $300 less. 

I do a bit more road than gravel and ended up pulling the trigger in December on a set of Giant SLR 1's with the 42mm disc option.  Dealer gave me a significant discount.
Quote 0 0
Craig75
I did get a descent discount and the information on these wheels stated a Shimano free hub. On my bike i can run up to 42mm tyres. I'm currently running Nano 40 and the 24mm internal rim width should be fine. I already pulled the trigger on these. What i like about them also is they are built in the good ol US of A.
Thanks for the comeback.
Quote 0 0
Craig75
Sorry me bad. Not made in USA. Sold in USA. I was considering purchasing another brand that was sold in UK and the tariff price was a killer.
Quote 0 0
DKeane
Were you thinking HUNT?
Quote 0 0
Craig75
Ur a mind reader.
Quote 0 0
DKeane
Actually, great minds think alike (good value and great reviews).  Was considering them prior to the Giant set.  Big issue for me was weight. I'm tall and weigh 200 lbs - most of their sets aren't within my limit.
Quote 0 0
Craig75
I came close to going with Hunt. With my discount on the Aon wheels and the added tariff on Hunt wheels made them pretty close in price. Than i saw the review of the Irwin Aon wheels on Riding Gravel and that was the deciding factor for me.
Quote 0 0