Crashfromboston
Hello from Boston,  I am new to this whole commuting via bike but figured its a good way to get in better shape.   I recently bought a gravel bike and its my first with disc brakes.   Do you have an suggestions for full fenders that are compatible with them?   My wheels are 700c x 38.   I was given a set of zefal but could not fit them around the calipers.   

Maybe i am doing something wrong.   Any advice will be greatly appreciated. 
Quote 0 0
nublar
SKS B45
Quote 0 0
Crashfromboston
Thats almost identical to the one i was trying to fit,   There are no braze ons not sure how to attach the wires around the caliper.   
Quote 0 0
flowbie
More information like what bike would help. Fender are notoriously a pain to install and take time and a bit of customizing to get right. 
Quote 0 0
Crashfromboston
Sorry that would help,  i bought a lhq gravel grinder online (it was really all i could get as everywhere was sold out. I enjoy the bike and just wanted to make it more functional.   May end up swapping out front fork with a surly disc trucker fork.

i did see orange-velo has clamps in various sizes which might help.   Without going the new fork route i may have to buy or build new wire fender supports in different lengths.

thanks with all the questions.

pete
Quote 0 0
flowbie
I looked at the bike online and it appears to have fender mounts. I run Planet Bike fenders and they're okay. PDW fenders would work better as the stays are longer. If you don't want to go through the hassle try the SKS Raceblade fenders. They don't need brazed on mounts and are a bit easier to fit to most bikes. Link below but you'll have to figure which model to get depending on the width of your tires. 
https://www.sks-germany.com/en/products/raceblade-serie/raceblade-long-black/
Quote 0 0
Crashfromboston
Great info,  i have some research and figuring which will work best for me.  I really do appreciate it.   Will post pics here once i get everything ironed out.

thanks again
Quote 0 0
tvcrider
I have been running SKS SPEEDROCKER fenders on my new Lynskey gravel bike since May. This bike is disc brake equipped.  I found the the Speedrockers fairly easy to install and they will accommodated tires up to 40 mm which is what I am currently using.  I've been a happy camper. 
Quote 0 0
Crashfromboston
They look like a great option,  will see if i can find them locally.   
Quote 0 0
Crashfromboston
Found a solution,  used set of surly disc forks with a million braze-ons.   Could not pass it up.
Quote 0 0
Crashfromboston
For the rear i chopped the fender about a third of the way from the rear.  Its attached at what would have been the brake mount and down at the bottom bracket,   Had enough coverage to prevent getting soaked from behind.  I can also go wider on the tires too.  Which will be something i do moving forward.  
I think the front forks are a Surly Troll.  Between that and the fenders my ipgrade has only run me 60$.   

I think a front cargo rack may be up next.   

Thanks for all your advice.
Quote 0 0