Cmtgravel
Anyone live and ride around Chatham NY? Wondering what current gravel conditions are like for FDGG next week. I know its been a wet spring, with more rain coming before the ride. Trying to make tire choices. Stick with the Kenda Flintridge 40's, or buy something more mud specific this week.
Quote 0 0
Zurichman
cmtgravel I don't live there. I did the ride the other year and even on a non wet schedule I thought there was plenty of mud there. I know my mso xplor mso 700 x 40 really got filled with mud and felt like boat anchors at times and then sling mud for about a 1/4 mile once we hit the macadam. I would say go with the mud specific tire.

Zman
If it was easy it wouldn't be a memory. You just hope you don't have all your memories in the same ride. been there dun that Zman
Quote 0 0
Zurichman
Here is an insight of what 2018 looked like. 

Looking at this yes it was wet. I remember the 1st 5 miles or so of being muddy. Hope that helps. Being 68 I can have some Senior moments at times. lol Only gravel bike ride/race yet that I have been at where they had a water hose at the finish line to rinse the crud off your bike if that means anything.

Zman
If it was easy it wouldn't be a memory. You just hope you don't have all your memories in the same ride. been there dun that Zman
Quote 0 0
Cmtgravel
Yes, i was there. Ive actually done this event every year since it started, except 2017. I was looking more for someone local who could give me an idea of current road conditions. Thanks.
Quote 0 0
Zurichman
Cmtgravel wrote:
Yes, i was there. Ive actually done this event every year since it started, except 2017. I was looking more for someone local who could give me an idea of current road conditions. Thanks.

Sorry I didn't know that. Good luck with your tire selection.

Zman
Quote 0 0
Johnnypedals
Cmtgravel wrote:

I also rode last year. I am on Kenda Flintridge pros on my Trek Crockett. They were awesome. Zero issues in the mud. I say stick with that tire. I am sure it will be muddy again this year. The whole east coast has been dumped on this year

JP
Quote 0 0