sailor_74
I’d like to run Di2 but a dropper post is more important to me than electronic shifting. Anyone know of any dropper options that would work with a Di2 setup?
ive considered a Reverb wireless but I don’t think the remote lever will fit on the bars.
ETap would be an option but it will push the build price up too far.
so a mechanical post with a lever that will fit nicely to drop bars?
Quote 0 0
JWB475
Are you conerned about the Di2 battery location?  If so it really depends on the frame.

I could potentially route my Di2 cables in such a way that I still would still be able to route a dropper cable internally.  But that may not be an option for you.  If I were to do this, I would just leave the battery in the seat tube, wrapped in foam to protect it and keep it from rattling around.

Also, the wolftooth dropper lever for drop bars looks pretry slick.
Quote 0 0
sailor_74
no, it was more about finding a mechanical option that works on drop bars so i can still run Di2.
the Wolftooth looks like it will do the trick. the other option is obviously to go with GRX and have mechanical shifting but i think i would prefer Di2
Quote 0 0
sailor_74
still learning about Di2 and the battery and cables are a bit of a pain, im failing to see what the advantages are over eTap?
Quote 0 0
smoothmoose
PNW components.  Multiple 27.2 droppers as well as dropbar lever.
Quote 0 0
JWB475
sailor_74 wrote:
still learning about Di2 and the battery and cables are a bit of a pain, im failing to see what the advantages are over eTap?

I have only used Di2. 

With my 1x system since I'm only shifting the rear derailleur, my Di2 battery lasts for several months between charges.  I plug it in every month or two when I think of it, but it has never been less than 50%. 

Etap uses smalller batteries mounted on the derailleurs, so they require more frequent (daily?) charging.  I believe the brifters use small watch batteries as well, but those are supposed to last quite awhile.

Aside from that, I feel like you have more options with Di2, as most Di2 components are plug and play.   I run an XTR derailleur with road climbing switches mounted on my drop bars.
Quote 0 0
Gravel Al
I live my PNW Coast suspension dropper paired with a Tranz X Hot Laps lever. This is hands down the best lever for drop bars!!
Quote 0 0
protohype
Where’s the Di2 dropper from Shimano, is what I want to know!
Quote 0 0
GravelHAWK16
JWB475 wrote:

I have only used Di2. 

With my 1x system since I'm only shifting the rear derailleur, my Di2 battery lasts for several months between charges.  I plug it in every month or two when I think of it, but it has never been less than 50%. 

Etap uses smalller batteries mounted on the derailleurs, so they require more frequent (daily?) charging.  I believe the brifters use small watch batteries as well, but those are supposed to last quite awhile.

Aside from that, I feel like you have more options with Di2, as most Di2 components are plug and play.   I run an XTR derailleur with road climbing switches mounted on my drop bars.

Daily charging on Etap? LOLOL Are you kidding me? I have had my Giant Defy since Feb that has Etap and I've had to charge my batteries twice. The nice thing is with 2x is if the rear dies you can take the front and put in the rear. But I've NEVER had that happen. The AXS app lets you know when to charge them. Same with the shifter batteries, but most just replace them at the start of the cycling season. I had Di2 on my Specialized and I'll take Etap over Di2 any day of the week. I'm going Etap AXS 1x on my gravel build. 
Quote 0 0