Volsung Show full post »
daustin
I'm glad they are allowing us to defer with no fee until May 15.  I definitely have to think about it though as I have a lot of races in the fall so it will be a busy couple of months.  I was set to stay in the dorms but obviously that is out since they'll be full of students.  I reserved a hotel room in ottawa.  not ideal but not terrible.  
Quote 0 0
DerekJ_MI
As of 4:40 pm EST there are no available rooms in Emporia.  I called each hotel, even the one who I had a reservation at that let me cancel.  They did allow me to reserve a room for next year though.  What I found was interesting.  Most of the hotels were holding their rooms for the folks who had reservations with them for the May date.  They won't release them until 30 days have past.  So, I found a room in Ottawa as my hotel in Emporia didn't hold rooms.  There are a few remaining.  It's a 50 minute drive to Emporia.  Not too bad.

Since the date change is going to result in a 2 hour loss of daylight I'm thinking that the race will be shortened by 30-35 miles.  Otherwise racing the sun will be almost impossible meaning you will have only 12.5 hours to do it.  That's a tall order to fill.
Quote 0 0
shiggy
DerekJ_MI wrote:
Since the date change is going to result in a 2 hour loss of daylight I'm thinking that the race will be shortened by 30-35 miles.  Otherwise racing the sun will be almost impossible meaning you will have only 12.5 hours to do it.  That's a tall order to fill.

I doubt that. Sunset is just a personal goal. The cutoff time is 3:00am. Bring lights
Quote 0 0
Volsung
Grvl Drama 200 is giving people until the end of May to complete the course and email in their strava results.  That's amazing.
Quote 0 0
cdkarp
You can add the 10th Funk Bottoms Gravel to the list of canceled events. https://bit.ly/2Zj80CB
Quote 0 0
Zurichman
cdkarp wrote:
You can add the 10th Funk Bottoms Gravel to the list of canceled events. https://

Dang
Did it before and had thoughts of going out there to get an organized ride in. Wondering if Gravel Worlds will be next even though there is plenty of time hopefully yet. At my end it's so crazy at work I haven't had a chance to even ride my bike so much with all the stress and coming home and just trying to get rested up to go in and do it all over again.

Zman
If it was easy it wouldn't be a memory. You just hope you don't have all your memories in the same ride. been there dun that Zman
Quote 1 0
cdkarp
Zurichman wrote:

Dang
Did it before and had thoughts of going out there to get an organized ride in. Wondering if Gravel Worlds will be next even though there is plenty of time hopefully yet. At my end it's so crazy at work I haven't had a chance to even ride my bike so much with all the stress and coming home and just trying to get rested up to go in and do it all over again.

Zman

Hopefully you can sneak a ride or two in between work and all the rain.  
Quote 0 0