basproth
I'm converting my wife's 2018 27.5+ Specialized Fuse Comp mountain bike to more gravel-esque ride for her.  So I'm thinking of replacing her heavy front suspension to a carbon rigid fork to save weight and because it seems unnecessary now for how she rides it and I am also considering changing out the wheels for lighter weight 29" wheels/tires. 

My question is: does this seems like a good idea to make this bike roll faster and allow her to better 'keep up' with me when we ride gravel together. It's a stop gap before committing to a new gravel specific frame for her, but she loves the fit of her Fuse, so maybe this 'conversion' will lessen the load (taking off about 6lbs between the fork/wheels/tires) and work just as well for her use on gravel?

Lastly, does anyone have experience with the 29x2.0 G-One Bite? And can you compare it to the 29x2.10 Thunder Burt?  They look functionally the same (tread pattern-wise), with the exception of the higher outer studs on the Burts.

Thanks for any insights.
Quote 0 0
basproth
I'm now seeing similar questions to mine elsewhere in this forum - sorry for the redundancy.
Quote 0 0