levity
Not really gravel, just dirt roads and single track better suited mountain bikes, but also fun on cross/gravel bikes.
Here are some shots of Mrs. levity testing out her new Niner RLT.

Drought conditions - there's usually water in this stream crossing

Some fun rollers in Telegraph Cyn

Hope we get rain to keep the canyon oaks alive

Quote 1 0
asleepatthekeel
Which build RLT is this and does she like it?
Quote 0 0
levity

Asleep -

She bought a 47cm frameset and built it up with Ultegra 11-speed, Easton SLX wheels and Spyre brakes (closest to Niner's 4-Star build).  
Loved the bike's ride and handling -- note the smiles in the pics.  [smile]

However, the small frame gave her a bit of toe overlap due to the short front center distance (583mm).  It was fine for 99+% of the riding, but her shoe hitting the front tire spooked her on tight turns, especially on sharp, steep switchbacks.  (A not uncommon issue, and a result of not being able to arrange a test ride.)  Not wanting to make the simple cure - shift cleats forward or wear smaller shoes - she moved the components over to a 46cm Crux with a 10mm longer front-center.  She's a happy camper now -- sometimes small changes make big differences! 

End result: a near new 47cm Niner RLT frameset is now for sale.  [frown]

Quote 0 0
asleepatthekeel
Wow Levity,

Great response, thank you. I just ordered my wife a 50 cm 2 star build. I had considered the 3 star but didn't think the price difference was worth it for the SRAM hydro. We considered a lot of different bikes but she always came back to the RLT. Truth be told, she likes the fresh mint color. We'll see how the rest works out.
Quote 0 0
OTHRider
I love this time of year in Chino Hills as it is still green.  Luckily, it is also within riding distance of home.  Did you go past 4-Corners? 
Quote 0 0
Walt Brown
Great pictures, I'm envious as we're still under a blanket of snow.
Quote 1 0