bobknh
Challenge used to offer a 28-35mm latex CX tube. I'd like to try a pair of them with my Bon Jon's, instead of trying to mount them tubeless (another poster is having problems with the Bon Jon tubeless set up). Does anyone know why the Challenge 28-35 latex tubes aren't available? I've checked a number of sources online. No one seems to have them. I also read a few negative reviews about quality issues with these tubes. Is it a Challenge manufacturing quality issue, or lack of customer demand for this size latex tube? Or something else?
Quote 0 0
moe53
I got Challenge 29-38c latex tubes from Universal Cycles last year. Use them in Challenge Gravel 120 tpi 38c race tires, very good results, light supple ride, very light. Bypasses all the sealant issues. Run low psi 35-40. Only one flat, was my fault, patched it, still good. 

What size are the Bon Jons?

Edit...UC showing 19-28 in stock.
Enlightenment begins where the pavement ends. [idea]
Quote 0 0
bobknh
moe53 wrote:
I got Challenge 29-38c latex tubes from Universal Cycles last year. Use them in Challenge Gravel 120 tpi 38c race tires, very good results, light supple ride, very light. Bypasses all the sealant issues. Run low psi 35-40. Only one flat, was my fault, patched it, still good. 

What size are the Bon Jons?

Edit...UC showing 19-28 in stock.

The Bon Jon's are nominally 35mm, but depending of the rim width, they actually measure around 38 mm. Thanks for the info. I'm still looking around for a place online to get them at a reasonable price. Several sites like Biketires direct list them in their catalog; but no one seems to have the 28-35 in stock. Because of latex stretchiness, I'm sure that they will be OK with the Bon Jon's. Great solution for me -- if I can find them. I've had a similar experience as you with Vittoria latex and 28 mm Conti 4000 IIs on pavement at around 70 PSI.
Quote 0 0
moe53
Check Amazon, lots of dealers sell their stock there.
Enlightenment begins where the pavement ends. [idea]
Quote 0 0
bobknh
moe53 wrote:
Check Amazon, lots of dealers sell their stock there.

I did already - unavailable. But, Art's Cyclery in Boulder claims they'll be getting them in 2 weeks. I'm on their e-mail alert list when they come in. Art's is a good shop, with quality merchandise and expert advice. They frequently do "How To" videos on VeloNews. 
Quote 0 0