JCU Delt Ox
I've owned my Grail AL 7.0 2x for about 6 months, and although it's been a good bike, I've been underwhelmed.  It has moderate clearance, but I'm yearning for more rubber.  I don't want to go full hardtail MTB, as I have an RSD Middlechild that I love.  Because I already have a set of road wheels, LB WR45 with DT 350 12x100/12x142, I'd like a frame that would work with this setup.  I plan to stay 2x and will stay Shimano for drivetrain.  My top two prospects are the Rodeo Labs Flaanimal 5.0 and Bombtrack Hook EXT.  I enjoy building, so complete is not necessary.

Any feedback on these particular models or others with a similar setup?

Bike Must Haves:
  1. 2.1-2.2" Clearance
  2. 12x100/12x142 Thru Axle
  3. GRX 2x Drivetrain 
Quote 0 0
LAchameleon
I'm a Rodeo fan.  Love the new Flanimal frame the only thing that kept me away from it is I am a big guy and was turned off by the weight limit. Have friends who ride Trail Donkeys and love them, and love the company and culture, one day I will own a Rodeo.   The Bombtrack is a great bike, my only concern would be the 700x40c max tire on the frame.  I am in the process of upgrading my Canondale Super X parts to a Pipe Dream Alice Frame.  Really wanted a steel frame and fork, I think, so this my chance to validate that at a reasonable price.  Some other frames I considered All City Cosmic Stallion, Nordest Albarda, Brother Metah, Fairlight Secan, Knolly Cache, Fustle Causeway, Lynskey Gr270-300.  
Quote 0 0
JCU Delt Ox
Well, I pulled the trigger on a Flaanimal 5.0.  As much as I'd love a sub 3lb carbon frame, I just don't need it, and love the mix of steel and carbon.  I'm hoping they've got adequate 58cm frames coming and I'll be able to ride this fall.  Who needs a Grail?
Quote 0 0