Jeb
Just finished my first ride on the C15 and I'm impressed. Set it up identical to the Fizik Aliante and made sure to bring the proper size allen key to adjust on the road but no adjustment needed. It just felt right. I like the way my sit bones perch on the saddle. When riding on the hoods or top of the bars there is no apparent pressure on the soft tissue and in the drops just a slight bit but I do have the nose up by a degree or 2. It was only a 25 mile ride but it was comfortable enough to forget it was there which is exactly what I want. It's heavy but I think comfort trumps weight on an all road bike. For comparison, saddles that have worked for me are Ariones, Aliantes, Antares, the old Selle Italia Flyte, and a Ritchey racing saddle, no idea what model. Almost gave the Ritchey away without trying it but glad I didn't. Anyway the Brooks looks to be a keeper. Can't wait to get in some longer rides on it.
Quote 0 0
Brennus
Rode the DK on that saddle & it's very comfortable and supremely durable.  I think the C15 was too narrow for my sit bones, though, and as the miles accumulated there started to be 'problems'.  Compounded, I'm sure, by spending a lot of time on my aero-bars.  I'd like to try the C17 or even the uber wide cambium...if it's available in a carve out.

Right now I'm riding a specialized power saddle.  While all the 'problems' definitely went away I doubt the Specialized saddle will prove as durable as the Brooks.  But the good news is whether in the aeros, on the rivet, or just sitting and spinning there is nothing but comfort and circulation with the power saddle.

The best thing about the Brooks Cambium for me was the way it took edge of gravel road buzz without adding all the complexity of a full shock absorption system.  There is some slight downside (pun intended) in the fact that it's not critically damped.  So if you're relaxed in the saddle and hit a stealth pot hole it will kind of catapult you up out of the saddle.  You get used to that, though.
Quote 0 0
Smithhammer
I have a few hundred miles on my C15 at this point and it's a great saddle. 

I have a lot more than that on a C17 and B17 and love those too. [thumb]
Unlearn pavement.
Quote 0 0
cyclecoachashland
Been riding a Brooks pro for maybe 20 years when touring,  Great saddle.  Very durable, molds to the body.  Broke my hips some years ago and sit to one side a little.  The Brooks develops a slight "dent" on that side.  Makes it a very personal ride.  Have maybe 60 or 70 thousand miles on the old cow hide (several Pros.)  
Quote 0 0
NoCoGreg
If anyone is shopping for a Brooks saddle, at Planetcyclery.com which is running a special on many of the Brooks saddles (Cambiums and many others).  

Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with the shop, just a satisfied customer.

http://planetcyclery.com/bike-components/saddles?gen_manufacturer=1590

Happy shopping,
Greg

Quote 0 0
Jah4236
Had the same problem as Brennus.  The C15 was too narrow for my sit bones.  Enough so that I immediately returned it after just a test run.  They boost the seat has no break-in time so there was no need to torture my @ss.  Full disclosure, I do not ride with padded bike shorts.  I'm currently riding a Selle Anatomica.  As far as sit bone pressure it scores a 10 but its as wide as lawn chair.  High inner thigh chaffing after the 30 mile mark, especially on hot days.
Quote 0 0
Himself
Loved my Cambrium but it sagged badly and the front rivet ripped the covering. Talked to Brooks about it but just got generic responses. I have 4 other Brooks and rate them but as they are quite expensive in NZ I was a little disappointed. I'm heavy,85-88kg and rode on gravel a lot so it may not happen to others. Don't let it put you off, I still love my Brooks!
Quote 0 0
bobknh
My $02: I have 2 Cambium C17's. Very good saddles for gravel riding in more upright position. It's a heavy saddle -- but comfort and durability are more important than than saving a 6 ounces of weight compared to many light weight racing saddles. Recently however, I started developing saddle sores caused by the sharp lower edge of the Cambium, and switched back to one of my old Selle Italia Flight saddles. The Flight was the first modern saddle with Ti rails, and for many of us, it is still the best saddle around. Selle Italia is still making the original Flight after many many years of supposed innovation by the industry. For me, and my skinny backside, it is still the best. I'm keeping my C-17's however, for potential use on a monster cross or mountain bike, which I eventually hope to add to my ever growing stable of bikes.
Quote 0 0
chas
I'm not a big fan of my C13 (mine is in the B15/C15 145mm size).

In cold weather, it was hard.  Rubber is like that

Getting on the thing, I was thinking - it feels like a new leather saddle, but it will never feel better than this.  Hmmm.
Several months later I've got some chafing from the saddle - inner thigh as mentioned above (from longer rides).  Guess I will have to wear lycra tights with this seat on rides more than an hour.

Got back on my B15 for a nice 3 hour ride, and it felt so, so, so comfortable.  

I drank the koolaid, and believed the articles.  My Cambium to me feels like a new, un-broken-in leather brooks, and there is no comparison to a seasoned leather brooks.  For that matter, my Fizik Aliante is lighter, cheaper, and more comfortable than the Carbon Brooks.
Quote 0 0
Zurichman
chas wrote:
I'm not a big fan of my C13 (mine is in the B15/C15 145mm size).

In cold weather, it was hard.  Rubber is like that

Getting on the thing, I was thinking - it feels like a new leather saddle, but it will never feel better than this.  Hmmm.
Several months later I've got some chafing from the saddle - inner thigh as mentioned above (from longer rides).  Guess I will have to wear lycra tights with this seat on rides more than an hour.

Got back on my B15 for a nice 3 hour ride, and it felt so, so, so comfortable.  

I drank the koolaid, and believed the articles.  My Cambium to me feels like a new, un-broken-in leather brooks, and there is no comparison to a seasoned leather brooks.  For that matter, my Fizik Aliante is lighter, cheaper, and more comfortable than the Carbon Brooks.

I love the I drank the kool aid remark. I have the Brooks Imperial with the cut out. Yes mine has lots of sag in but it was really abused with tons of water on it without a cover. It's still a very comfortable saddle though. Mine felt broke in from day one as I rode a 300k on it first ride.

Zman
If it was easy it wouldn't be a memory. You just hope you don't have all your memories in the same ride. been there dun that Zman
Quote 0 0
NoCoGreg
Ideale saddles, now that brings back some memories! I have an Ideale on a '72 Fuji Finest. Yeah yeah I know a French saddle on a Japanese bike? Well the Ideale was on sale for a lot less than the comparable Brooks saddles.  Best of all it was comfortable from the day I bought it. But that was back in the 70's and the stock Fuji saddle was so hard that pretty much anything was going to feel comfy.  One of these days I'm going to try and find some original parts to restore the Fuji... 

I've had great luck in finding comfortable saddles so perhaps my a$$ isn't all that picky.  The San Marco Regal has worked well for me plus it has the vintage "look" and the titanium version weighs (only?) 310g and can be had from BikeBug.com for under $100.  FWIW the Terry Fly saddles were comfortable but after a few years began to sag which then put pressure in some tender areas.
Quote 0 0
Smithhammer
Just did a 154-mile ride around the Tetons (8900' of climbing) on a C15, no chamois. I'm sold on this saddle (and on never wearing a chamois again).
Unlearn pavement.
Quote 0 0