TimmyR
My '14 Spec Crux Evo Elite was having shifting issues and after troubleshooting at my LBS they narrowed it down to the right shifter/control lever. They called SRAM to get the pieces to rebuild it and were told SRAM does not make a 10-speed hydraulic control lever (which they did).  After a second call they were able to order a new one...at a premium price of course. Ouch.  Apparently I have the one release of 10-speed SRAM hydraulic on my Crux (for those who remember, it was the first year hey released hydraulic brake and they recalled them within a couple of months).

At least it'll be cheaper than a new bike.

Tim

------------------
Ride on! [cool]
Quote 0 0
wgscott
Shimano just announced a new 105 line that includes an 11-speed cassette that fits on a 10-speed hub.  If I were in your position, I would take a look at that, and their upgraded hydraulic "brifters" that are similar to the Ultegra.  Depending on what SRAM is demanding for a ransom payment, it might be worth it.
Quote 0 0
TimmyR
Great idea...my LBS has the shifter ordered...~$250.  I have not explored a full conversion to 11-speed.

Tim

------------------
Ride on! [cool]
Quote 0 0
wgscott
Here is more info

The important thing is it would let you keep your current hubs/wheels, and crank/sprockets.  I have the Ultegra version since 2014 and it has been flawless.
Quote 0 0
Zurichman
wgscott wrote:
Shimano just announced a new 105 line that includes an 11-speed cassette that fits on a 10-speed hub.  If I were in your position, I would take a look at that, and their upgraded hydraulic "brifters" that are similar to the Ultegra.  Depending on what SRAM is demanding for a ransom payment, it might be worth it.

Wouldn't you also have to change the brakes out also as one uses mineral oil and the other uses something completely different.

Zman
If it was easy it wouldn't be a memory. You just hope you don't have all your memories in the same ride. been there dun that Zman
Quote 0 0
wgscott
Yes. but that is probably the biggest single advantage.  Mineral oil is much more pleasant to use than DOT brake fluid, which is corrosive and highly toxic, as well as hygroscopic.
Quote 0 0
TimmyR
Yeah...so it looks like a quick search tells me shifter $250....new set-up...around $1000. I am taking door number 1 for now. The additional money can sit tight until I decide to upgrade the bike I think.

A new Spec Diverge Comp is $3000.....I am going to hope this will be a good fix for at least a year or two and then begin to consider upgrading.

Thanks!!! I was close to pulling trigger on move to 11-speed, but think I may just hold off for now.

Tim

------------------
Ride on! [cool]
Quote 0 0
wgscott
Yeah, the MSRP structure is nuts.  The street price for the current Ultegra option would be much more practical.
Quote 0 0