Walt Brown
What's the general consensus of bikes from here? There's hardly anything reviewing them with more traditional brands, which makes me nervous However, they offer a Titanium cross bike with 105 and BB7 brakes for $1400.
Quote 0 0
Drinkslinger
BD bikes are fine. The brands under the BD umbrella have lost the cachet of the original marques, but that being said, are good bang for the buck. The only problem I would have is warranty issues. If there is a warranty issue, dealing with an internet company might pose a headache or two. 
But the products are solid. I own a Motobecane Fantom CX Pro. I purchased it strictly for the groupset on it. I rode it for a bit, and it was fine if a bit heavy. The no name stem/bars/seatpost/saddle are ok and work like they're supposed to.

I'd say buy one, but use some of the money saved to get a good cockpit and set of tires
Quote 0 0
Craig
I have purchased a number of bikes from Bikes Direct with no issues. As long as you know exactly what size you need, you can't beat the price. They even did a crash replacement on my titanium frame for $500, which was a lot cheaper than the $1800 ambulance ride!
Quote 0 0